GDT: 2/5/13 - 7:30PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Philadelphia

Status
Not open for further replies.

OurlordAndSaviorKuch

Number one Bull$hit
Oct 12, 2011
Tampa Florida
I have no problem with Tampa. MSL and Stamkos are 2 of the greatest player to watch in the NHL. I was just pointing out that people can't complain about Rinaldo punch and ignore the Vinny punch.

Because Vinny Was doing what a Caption is supposed to do stand up for the team and he was proving a point.

Bernie Parent 1974

Sep 29, 2009
So what you're saying, is that there are extenuating circumstances that would be reason enough to throw a late punch or two?

In that case, what was your reason for posting that initial image?

it would appear that people defended Vinny, because it was 'pay back' for Rinaldo.
ok.
Rinaldo seemed to be payback on Crombeen [the guy who slashed Giroux]

i posted it to defend Rinaldo, more than criticize Vinny

OurlordAndSaviorKuch

Number one Bull$hit
Oct 12, 2011
Tampa Florida
it would appear that people defended Vinny, because it was 'pay back' for Rinaldo.
ok.
Rinaldo seemed to be payback on Crombeen [the guy who slashed Giroux]

i posted it to defend Rinaldo, more than criticize Vinny

Giroux had a crap ton of Penlities here in Tampa and was trying to start things left and right. To Try and even bring that up is amusing. :laugh::laugh:

The Wyzerhood

A league of his own
Oct 3, 2008
I am all for what Vinny he did he seems to be actually earning that C on his chest and acting like a Captain this year.

When did Vinny not play like a captain? I think Vinny always plays with passion, the fact that he didn't fight too often in the past is because we lose a very valuable player for 5mins, not because he's unwilling or not a leader.

Bernie Parent 1974

Sep 29, 2009
Giroux had a crap ton of Penlities here in Tampa and was trying to start things left and right. To Try and even bring that up is amusing.

you might be right, i didn't check the boxscore. did Giroux slash anybody in an area they had off season surgery on ? i do not know.

The Wyzerhood

A league of his own
Oct 3, 2008

OurlordAndSaviorKuch

Number one Bull$hit
Oct 12, 2011
Tampa Florida
When did Vinny not play like a captain? I think Vinny always plays with passion, the fact that he didn't fight too often in the past is because we lose a very valuable player for 5mins, not because he's unwilling or not a leader.

I have always thought Vinny hasn't played up to what his paycheck is and always been of the thought that Marty has deserved the C more.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
What all of us need to keep in mind is that maybe we're really super pissed at NBCSN for what is percieved to be biased coverage. (and possibly officiating, according to some)

If Milbury and Jones didn't talk so much **** about the Lightning, then I don't think this would really be worth talking about.

The fight really wasn't that big of a deal until Milbury started to say **** like 'finish the job' and 'there is no code' because it agreed with his premise at the moment.

Last edited:

RussianGuyovich

Hella Ennui
Jan 2, 2007
i come into the tampa bay lighting HF board, not to write about hockey games, but to read what fans of other teams think of my players actions in the game according to their own confirmation bias. so thanks bernie parent 1974 for quenching the thirst of me; a man, who literally enjoys nothing im joyless

warlord6

Jan 13, 2010
FLA
What the visiting Philly fans need to keep in mind is that TB fans are really super pissed at NBCSN for what is percieved to be biased coverage. (and possibly officiating, according to some)

If Milbury and Jones didn't talk so much **** about the Lightning, then I don't think this would really be worth talking about.

Hell yes. Was watching the game with 3 new Bolts fans last night and they commented how biased the NBCSN broadcasters were. I told them to get used to it.

It was a Flyers suck-fest. The rest will be as well against Pit/Phi.

But whatever, just another factor we're gonna have to deal with.

Bernie Parent 1974

Sep 29, 2009
i would probably be upset if it were the other way around, honestly.

but, to be fair, Crombeen was dazed & going down: not out and on the ice.

The Wyzerhood

A league of his own
Oct 3, 2008
I have always thought Vinny hasn't played up to what his paycheck is and always been of the thought that Marty has deserved the C more.

I think Vinny's leadership and contributions often go unnoticed. Vinny is the heartbeat of this organization and the turnaround came when he was drafted; for me, Marty is the player who leads by example. Two great leaders but Vinny contributes to the game in a variety of ways - strong play down low, hits, fights, goals, assists, solid work in the defensive zone and good on face-offs.

HeavyHammer

Go Bolts!
Feb 26, 2012
What the visiting Philly fans need to keep in mind is that TB fans are really super pissed at NBCSN for what is percieved to be biased coverage. (and possibly officiating, according to some)

I wasn't able to watch the game (had work :(), so I didn't get to see the officiating. Complaining about officiating seems to be a game tradition for every fanbase though, and is usually unwarranted.

The NBCSN coverage is almost always blatantly biased. Journalistic integrity and simply reporting on what is happening in the game got thrown out the window a long time ago. Now it's all about pandering to the larger fan base.

Fortunately, traditional media should die out relatively soon and this won't be a problem anymore. :laugh:

you might be right, i didn't check the boxscore. did Giroux slash anybody in an area they had off season surgery on ? i do not know.
Aren't you kind of nitpicking at this point? Why does it matter?

RussianGuyovich

Hella Ennui
Jan 2, 2007
maybe...just maybe all hockey fighting argues are rooted in the culture of the arguer and, not recognizing this and then disregarding it is being...wrong and bad. hrmmm?

nhljohnson

Jul 4, 2006
Their presence should occasionally keep guys honest more so than someone without their pugilisitic ability.

Their presence has more to do with who doesn't have to fight.

Labrie isn't a middleweight but I guess that's beside the point.

Labrie is not a heavyweight and he's obviously not a lightweight, so what does that make him?

Speaking of Labrie, keep in mind that he was used in situations he wouldn't normally be in because of Crombeen being hurt. Up until his last shift, Labrie did well out there. He obviously made a bad mistake late, but the guy has seen a little over 11 minutes of ice time in two NHL games this season. Using him as a scapegoat seems completely unfair.

Not sure what this has to with what I posted. General observation?

RussianGuyovich

Hella Ennui
Jan 2, 2007
i think we're all being a little hard on mr. labrie which is just another obstacle that he will have to overcome before his blessed light shines upon the hart memorial trophy.

OurlordAndSaviorKuch

Number one Bull$hit
Oct 12, 2011
Tampa Florida
I think Vinny's leadership and contributions often go unnoticed. Vinny is the heartbeat of this organization and the turnaround came when he was drafted; for me, Marty is the player who leads by example. Two great leaders but Vinny contributes to the game in a variety of ways - strong play down low, hits, fights, goals, assists, solid work in the defensive zone and good on face-offs.

Possibly. But i really like what i am seeing from Vinny this year. I hope we can turn it around and stop this skid.

OurlordAndSaviorKuch

Number one Bull$hit
Oct 12, 2011
Tampa Florida
Hell yes. Was watching the game with 3 new Bolts fans last night and they commented how biased the NBCSN broadcasters were. I told them to get used to it.

It was a Flyers suck-fest. The rest will be as well against Pit/Phi.

But whatever, just another factor we're gonna have to deal with.

I don't know why this is new to anyone the Bolts hardily ever get legit coverage from the Major stations/Sports networks. Just have to suck it up and deal with it.

The Wyzerhood

A league of his own
Oct 3, 2008
I think you're confusing Philly with Pittsburgh.

Definitely not. Of the current group: Brayden Schenn, Shartnell, Simmonds, Rinaldo, Pronger (when he was healthy), Shelley and even Talbot occasionally. Some of their transgressions are rightfully dealt with in penalties and suspensions, others go unnoticed and are taking out players' skates behind the play, grabbing jerseys, holding onto sticks, constant slashes and hacks etc.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
I don't know why this is new to anyone the Bolts hardily ever get legit coverage from the Major stations/Sports networks. Just have to suck it up and deal with it.

Noting against you but when I see this, I always think of the run in 11. EVERYBODY on VS(at the time) and NBC was kissing our ass cause we used he 1-3-1 and brought back the trap in full effect, talking about what a great coach Boucher was(still is) and then all of a sudden last year they talk about how we should be punished for using a system in hockey? Really? But nobody that is a Philly fan finds fault in that? I do.

Hypocritical coverage by the loons on NBC and OLN/VS/NBCSN over all the years. Small market teams are done like this every game, not just Tampa, but since we always see Tampa, I just find this amusing.

the officiating wasnt bad last night, we could've walked away with a win but we had some bad bounces and Bryzsuckoff got a few good saves in there. Lindback played great too though :)

Gotta shake it off, honestly, just ignore the Philadelphia fans, Ive had enough of that main board thread, I cant take them seriously ever again. Ignorance. :rant:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad