2024 NHL Draft Picks 11, 43, 75, 107, 108, 171, 203, 222

Old Navy Goat

Apr 24, 2003
Pattaya Thailand aka adult Disneyland
Love to get this guy in the second round. I'd even move up a bit.

With Beaudoin you have to hope his offensive skills develop as that's the weakest part of us game. He checks out on size and grit but lags behind the other centers in the same range like Miettenen and Bouilard

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
With Beaudoin you have to hope his offensive skills develop as that's the weakest part of us game. He checks out on size and grit but lags behind the other centers in the same range like Miettenen and Bouilard

True but that's why he's a good fit. He's also good at face offs. We need more of these strong tough hard working defensively excellent players with size.

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
I agree but those same qualities are also shared by Miettenen who's a bull in a China shop down low, and Bouilard has been the Drakkars defensive 3C

Cole Beaudoin (F, Team Canada/2024 NHL Draft)
Beaudoin’s impact on this Canadian roster is immeasurable. Canada never had full faith in the rest of its centers and as a result, just kept going to him over and over and over again. Matchups. Defensive zone draws. PK. Often centering two different forward lines and double-shifting at five-on-five. And despite the usage, his motor just kept running, and he just kept tracking, hunting, winning pucks and blocking shots. Instincts. Details. Work ethic. He was outstanding. And then it was him, late in the third period of the gold medal game, who gave Canada their first lead at 4-3 on the power play. He only finished with four points in seven games but he was every bit as important to this Canadian team as McKenna, Martone and goaltender Carter George were. He might have made himself a first-round pick because of it, too.

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
I will be glued to my tv Tuesday at 7 to see the Sabres move up a few spots in the nhl lottery! I wish I knew who I want Sabres to pick after the first 3 or 4 guys are gone--we have enough smallish skilled players but if they have Benson's skill and drive but better skating then size be damned...

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

Capture.PNG

Wheeler's tiers go like this:

Tier 1 - 1 (Celebrini)
Tier 2 - 2-3 (Demidov & Levshunov)
Tier 3 - 4-11 (Buium, Parekh, Eiserman, Dickinson, Catton, Helenius, Silayev, & Lindstrom)

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
I will be glued to my tv Tuesday at 7 to see the Sabres move up a few spots in the nhl lottery! I wish I knew who I want Sabres to pick after the first 3 or 4 guys are gone--we have enough smallish skilled players but if they have Benson's skill and drive but better skating then size be damned...
I'm the skeleton in a chair meme, waiting for the Sabres to ever move up in the draft lottery. Same chair I've been sitting in waiting for a playoff series.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA

It would be a misnomer to say there’s no consensus to be found in these rankings.

Demidov, for example, had nine scouts place him firmly amongst the top five prospects in the draft; Silayev, Levshunov and Lindstrom each had eight votes in the top five.

But as you drill down on the numbers, there appears to be a wider divergence of opinion than we usually see within the top five, and the bandwidth between Nos. 6 to 15 appears to be a lot tighter than we’ve seen before.

To wit: Five scouts had Demidov as the No. 2 prospect behind Celebrini but five others — three for Levshunov and two for Silayev — saw it differently.

Six prospects got votes at No. 3 — Silayev (three); Demidov and Lindstrom (two each) and one apiece for Levshunov, Parekh and Helenius.

There were eight — eight! — prospects who got votes in the No. 4 slot — two each for Silayev and Lindstrom and one apiece for Demidov, Levshunov, Parekh, Dickinson, Buium and Yakemchuk.

And seven prospects garnered No. 5 votes — Levshunov (three); Lindstrom (two) and one apiece for Demidov, Dickinson, Sennecke and Yakemchuk.

It was like that all the way through the rest of the top 10 slots — six prospects split the No. 6 votes; seven prospects divvied up the No. 7 votes; six prospects at No. 8; seven at No. 9; and eight at No. 10.

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
1Macklin Celebrini
2Ivan Demidov
3Anton Silayev
4Artyom Levshunov
5Cayden Lindstrom
6Sam Dickinson
7Zayne Parekh
8Zeev Buium
9Konsta Helenius
10Tij Iginla
11Berkly Catton
12Carter Yakemchuk
13Cole Eiserman
14Beckett Sennecke
15Trevor Connelly

Bob's new list.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
1Macklin Celebrini
2Ivan Demidov
3Anton Silayev
4Artyom Levshunov
5Cayden Lindstrom
6Sam Dickinson
7Zayne Parekh
8Zeev Buium
9Konsta Helenius
10Tij Iginla
11Berkly Catton
12Carter Yakemchuk
13Cole Eiserman
14Beckett Sennecke
15Trevor Connelly

Bob's new list.

I’d still take Sennecke at 11 if that is how itbreaks.

Last edited:

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything

View attachment 865746

Wheeler's tiers go like this:

Tier 1 - 1 (Celebrini)
Tier 2 - 2-3 (Demidov & Levshunov)
Tier 3 - 4-11 (Buium, Parekh, Eiserman, Dickinson, Catton, Helenius, Silayev, & Lindstrom)

Only 3 players in the top 15 under 6'0''

Adams is going to trade out if Demidov, Helenius and Catton are gone.

• Haha
Reactions: Blueston

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Guys, is Helenius Lundell 2.0 or does he play in a different style? I just want to know more about this player.

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
Guys, is Helenius Lundell 2.0 or does he play in a different style? I just want to know more about this player.
You can watch him in the world championships, I get the impression he's more of an elias pettersson type than Lundell.

Reactions: Fjordy

dickiedunnwrotethis

It's gotta be true.
May 16, 2009
saskatoon
1Macklin Celebrini
2Ivan Demidov
3Anton Silayev
4Artyom Levshunov
5Cayden Lindstrom
6Sam Dickinson
7Zayne Parekh
8Zeev Buium
9Konsta Helenius
10Tij Iginla
11Berkly Catton
12Carter Yakemchuk
13Cole Eiserman
14Beckett Sennecke
15Trevor Connelly

Bob's new list.
If that's what pro scouts are thinking then there are some teams that are going to get burned bad picking some of those dmen. In the meantime, I hope Buffalo runs to the podium to pick Catton. Sennecke and MBN would (grudgingly) be acceptable. Grab a dman in the 2nd round.

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
If that's what pro scouts are thinking then there are some teams that are going to get burned bad picking some of those dmen. In the meantime, I hope Buffalo runs to the podium to pick Catton. Sennecke and MBN would (grudgingly) be acceptable. Grab a dman in the 2nd round.
Sennecke fits a niche they lack. Catton (and Helenius) is more of the same. They need size and d acumen, again, as a priority the entire draft. 2023 again, but there won't be a Benson who's small but excels at every part of the game immediately.

Reactions: dickiedunnwrotethis

dickiedunnwrotethis

It's gotta be true.
May 16, 2009
saskatoon
Sennecke fits a niche they lack. Catton (and Helenius) is more of the same. They need size and d acumen, again, as a priority the entire draft. 2023 again, but there won't be a Benson who's small but excels at every part of the game immediately.
Fair point. I think they need hockey sense as much as size.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

I like Catton. If he were there, I'd have a hard time not calling his name.

But I think Sennecke is going to be more like Tuch than Tuch was until Tuch became Tuch.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad