Buffalo Bills Bills (6-3) v. Browns (3-6), 11/20 1:00

Status
Not open for further replies.

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
With 19 seconds left it doesn't matter much, but Cleveland is wrong to kick here.
They go for 2 on that play and miss, they are down 9 points and the game is over. No point in really even trying an onside kick.

Going for 1 made it an 8 point game. Gives them a chance to onside kick, score a TD and go for 2 to tie the game.

Earlier in the game is a different story and I would agree. But I thought that was the right call with 19 seconds left.

Reactions: Reddawg

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Bills were fortunate that the Browns are the Browns, because Cleveland left a lot of plays on the field especially in the first half. But a win is a win and this team needs it.

With the Patriots and Jets one game back, and Bills tied with the Dolphins, the division games are going to be huge. Bills really need to go 4-0 in those for the tiebreaker. Cannot count on those other teams dropping games. Bills go 4-0 in the division, and 2-1 in the remaining three (Lions, Bears, Bengals), and the top seed is within reach (just need KC to drop 2 somewhere).
Defense needs to heal up for the Dolphins game. We can hang with the Pats and Jets with a battered and bruised defense, but the Dolphins will blow the game wide open if we're not healthy on defense.

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
They go for 2 on that play and miss, they are down 9 points and the game is over. No point in really even trying an onside kick.

Going for 1 made it an 8 point game. Gives them a chance to onside kick, score a TD and go for 2 to tie the game.

Earlier in the game is a different story and I would agree. But I thought that was the right call with 19 seconds left.
I mean, they still need a 2 point conversion. Why go through the onside kick and risk of injury if you know you missed it?

It's not a huge deal because the time on the clock, but there's certainly no advantage. The two point conversion doesn't magically get easier because you wait.

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY

Completely agree with this assessment. That was my feeling at the time as well…save the risky play for after the extremely unlikely onsides recovery.

Reactions: WeDislikeEich

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
I mean, they still need a 2 point conversion. Why go through the onside kick and risk of injury if you know you missed it?

It's not a huge deal because the time on the clock, but there's certainly no advantage. The two point conversion doesn't magically get easier because you wait.

The biggest reason I would have gone for 2 there? If you do get an onside recovery, AND you score another TD, you get to go for 2 again for the win instead of playing for OT. But there are a few big if's there.

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
Lot of clock left, but the Chargers offense gets in.

KC has been surprisingly mediocre inside of two minutes in both the first and second half this year, but these are the scenarios you'd hate to bet against them in.

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
Must be nice to be literally able to push down the DB on the top of your cut :rolleyes:.

And now calls against the Chargers. What a shock. Pun not intended.

EDIT; And the Chargers don't learn their lesson, single coverage on Kelce. How the f*** do you let that guy beat you with all the other weapons that are out for KC? At least LA still has time.

Last edited:

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
Chargers are the silliest team. They just can’t put anything together.

Frustrated when the bills play shitty and can’t play a complete game? That’s the chargers nearly every quarter

Reactions: kirby11

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
Collinsworth: "They tried everything to try to stop him"

Yeah, except you know, actually double covering him on crucial downs. :rolleyes:

Every single score was single man coverage with the route taking him away from safety help.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
when LA got the first and goal on the wrong side of the two minute warning you knew it was over.

Reactions: Dirty Dog
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad