Buffalo Bills Bills off-season part 4: Draft begins 4/28

Status
Not open for further replies.

buffalowing88

Aug 11, 2008
Charlotte, NC
This definitely happened. Nix said something like, if you like a qb in the 3rd, you need to take him in the 2nd.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
I don’t see what’s flawed about saying in 4 drafts Beane hasn’t once used a pick in the first five rounds on a boundary corner. That’s like 0/20. That’s pretty significant.
the most significant thing about it is that it created the need for him to draft a cb in the first five rounds. The information does the opposite of what people are using it for.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
New poll: 2022 HF Bills Big Board 60

Ok we're approaching the finish line folks. My plan is to get us through a second round big board, then finish us off with a best of the rest poll next week. Results from this week included domination by Christian Watson, receiving 80% of first place votes. After that I decided to take the top 4 total. Tolbert, Mafe, and Wood get added This new poll is probably the last one with an add option, so if you want one final chance to vote for any darkhorse favorite of yours, add them now.

Christian Watson, WR, ND State: 12 points [4FP]
John Metchie III, WR, Alabama: 5 points
Trey McBride, TE, Colorado St.: 4 points
Sean Rhyan, OL, UCLA: 3 points [1FP]

Alontae Taylor, CB, Tennessee: 2 points
Khalil Shakir, WR, Boise State: 2 points
Isaiah Spiller, RB, Texas A&M: 2 points

Round 1
1. Aiden Hutchinson, EDGE, Michigan (72.7%)
2. Kayvon Thibodeaux, EDGE Oregon (72.7%)
3. Evan Neal, OT, Alabama (66.7%)
4. Ikem Ekwonu, OT, NC State (72.7%)
5. Kyle Hamilton, S, Notre Dame (44.4%)
6. Tyler Linderbaum, C, Iowa (28.6%)
6. Ahmad Gardner, CB, Cincinnati (28.6%)
8. Derek Stingley Jr., CB, LSU (30%)
9. Kenyon Green, G, Texas A&M (42.9%)
10. Garrett Wilson, WR, Ohio State (25%)
10. Andrew Booth Jr., CB, Clemson (25%)
12. Jermaine Johnson, EDGE, Florida State (28.6%)
12. Travon Walker, EDGE, Georgia (28.6%)
14. Trent McDuffie, CB, Washington (50%)
15. Devin Lloyd, LB, Utah (37.5%)
16. Drake London, WR, USC (42.9%)
17. Treylon Burks, WR, Arkansas (33.3%)
17. Jordan Davis, DT, Georgia (33.3%)
19. Charles Cross, OT, Mississippi State (57.1%)
20. Nakobe Dean, LB, Georgia (55.6%)
21. Zion Johnson, G, Boston College (44.4%)
22. Daxton Hill, S, Michigan (33.3%)
22. Jameson Williams, WR, Alabama (33.3%)
24. Chris Olave, WR, Ohio State (66.7%)
25. Roger McCreary, CB, Auburn (50%)
26. Kaiir Elam, CB, Florida (60%)
27. Jahan Dotson, WR, Penn State (50%)
28. George Karlaftis, DE, Purdue (33.3%)
28. Kyler Gordon, CB, Washington (33.3%)
30. Devonte Wyatt, DT, Georgia (66.7%)
31. Jalen Pitre, S, Purdue (50%)
32. Trevor Penning, OT, Northern Iowa (100%)

Round 2
33. Bernhard Raimann, OL, Central Michigan (11 points) [3FP]
34. Travis Jones, DL, UConn (7 points) [1FP]
35. David Ojabo, EDGE, Michigan (6 points) [1FP]
36. Quay Walker, LB, Georgia (5 points)
37. Chad Muma, LB, Wyoming (8 points) [1FP]
37. Sky Moore, WR, Western Michigan: 8 points [1FP]
39. Tyler Smith, OT, Tulsa (7 points) [1FP]
39. Christian Harris, LB, Alabama (6 points) [1FP]
41. Breece Hall, RB, Iowa St. (10 points) [2FP]
41. Tariq Woolln, CB, UTSA (10 points) [3FP]
43. Kenneth Walker III, RB, Michigan (8 points) [2FP]
44. Jaquan Brisker, S, Penn State (6 points)
45. George Pickens, WR, Georgia (8 points) [2FP]
46. Lewis Cine, S, Georgia (6 points) [1FP]
47. Cole Strange, IOL, Chattanooga (9 points) [2FP]
48. Dylan Parham, IOL, Memphis (8 points) [1FP]
49. Cam Jurgens, C, Nebraska (7 points) [1FP]
50. Arnold Ebiketie, EDGE, Penn State (6 points) [2FP]
50. Calvin Austin lll, WR, Memphis: 6 points [1FP]
52. Troy Andersen, LB, Montana State (16 points) [3FP]
53. Leo Chenal, LB, Wisconsin (13 points) [3FP]
54. Jalyn Armour-Davis, CB, Alabama (7 points) [1FP]
54. James Cook, RB, Georgia (7 points) [1FP]
56. Christian Watson, WR, ND State (12 points) [4FP]
57. John Metchie III, WR, Alabama (5 points)
58. Trey McBride, TE, Colorado St. (4 points)
59. Sean Rhyan, OL, UCLA (3 points) [1FP]

Reminder to vote

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Apparently Beane revealed during their press conference yesterday that they have less than 32 guys with first round grade this year. Not exactly revolutionary, but I think that's a big hint they're looking to either trade up (to get someone with a first round grade) or trade down (because there's no one they like enough at 25). I definitely like the going up idea more, because I think it's more like that's where the value is (because more teams want to trade down than up).

at the same time you can have say 50 players with round 2 grades.

they have said this draft is stronger when it comes to depth players

if a player they like diesnt fall to them, they trade down.

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
Are we really discussing trading up for a linebacker???? I'm not against trading up, but trading up into the high 1st round for a non-premium position is crazy talk
It's not like they haven't done it before. Plus I'd argue that in the Bills' scheme it IS somewhat a premium position.

FWIW i wouldn't give up a ton to get Lloyd though. If he falls to 25 then great. I'm generally not a fan of moving up for anyone - the value always favours the team trading back.

Reactions: BG82

BG82

Jan 25, 2008
Niagara Falls
It's not like they haven't done it before. Plus I'd argue that in the Bills' scheme it IS somewhat a premium position.

FWIW i wouldn't give up a ton to get Lloyd though. If he falls to 25 then great. I'm generally not a fan of moving up for anyone - the value always favours the team trading back.
Yea, if were trading up for anyone itll be a premium CB like Sauce or Derek Stingley and even that I'm not really on board with.

Round 2 is littered with decent LB prospects. If you're looking for a "culture" guy, LB Leo Chenal in round 2 would be the guy. Had a solid combine and is very productive. Could be a more athletic Poszlusney. Chad Muma and Troy Andersen are also nice. Troy Andersen red shirting for a year as a potential Edmunds replacement could work.

Reactions: is the answer jesus

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
Yea, if were trading up for anyone itll be a premium CB like Sauce or Derek Stingley and even that I'm not really on board with.

Round 2 is littered with decent LB prospects. If you're looking for a "culture" guy, LB Leo Chenal in round 2 would be the guy. Had a solid combine and is very productive. Could be a more athletic Poszlusney. Chad Muma and Troy Andersen are also nice. Troy Andersen red shirting for a year as a potential Edmunds replacement could work.

By gawd. Poszlusney!!! A name I had forgotten some how

22550273-B943-48E9-A4C6-94B8DA329F9B.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: BG82

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
Wife and I usually toggle between NFLN & ESPN. Maybe we'll salt in the others this year.
It's like unlimited servings of your favorite ice cream. At some point, it's too much of a helping and you want a different flavor.
We normally get NFLN feed - which is fine. But i do like what I've seen from ESPN feeds. I love the Kiper/McShay double act.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
FWIW the Athletic is doing a live stream this year for the first time. That’ll definitely be my primary viewing focus. But I regret to inform that I have a rehearsal dinner Thursday night (and wedding Friday). Absolutely devastating to a draft nerd like me. :(

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
FWIW the Athletic is doing a live stream this year for the first time. That’ll definitely be my primary viewing focus. But I regret to inform that I have a rehearsal dinner Thursday night (and wedding Friday). Absolutely devastating to a draft nerd like me. :(
Phone in pocket, one ear bud in ear.

Reactions: Husko

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
your wedding??

When I got married (no divorced) My ex was from the south and would have the marriage before it got to hot. I said I didnt want an anniverary the same dat as the super Bowl.

I got married

The Super bowl said f*** you we are moving.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
We normally get NFLN feed - which is fine. But i do like what I've seen from ESPN feeds. I love the Kiper/McShay double act.
When the draft first aired on ESPN I would claim I was sick from school and miss the day.

My Mom eventually caught on---but didnt care because I was an honor roll student.

• Love
Reactions: ValJamesDuex

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
your wedding??

When I got married (no divorced) My ex was from the south and would have the marriage before it got to hot. I said I didnt want an anniverary the same dat as the super Bowl.

I got married

Luckily that day hasn't been important to Buffalo fans for like 25 years.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
your wedding??

I got married

No sir! Not mine thank the heavens. My wife is a bridesmaid in this one.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
I haven't liked watching draft coverage for many years, I'd rather just follow the picks online. I just don't care for the personal stories and narratives they try to shoe horn in, and lately it's gotten a lot worse. "Hey look, this kid was just drafted in the 1st round, gotta be the greatest day of his life, let's celebrate by talking about the worst day of his life when (insert person close to him) died!"

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
Gotta make it seem like you care a little bit
Eat your prime, leave em some dough for the bills, and get the hell out of there before the ugly dancing and drunks come out. Console them when it ends in 5 years.

We usually have wgr on in the background as well for local stuff, although god forbid they break anything or Sal blows any smoke. Seems like no one gets the Bills picks since Mayock left nfl and the cab driver past away.

Reactions: Husko

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
I haven't liked watching draft coverage for many years, I'd rather just follow the picks online. I just don't care for the personal stories and narratives they try to shoe horn in, and lately it's gotten a lot worse. "Hey look, this kid was just drafted in the 1st round, gotta be the greatest day of his life, let's celebrate by talking about the worst day of his life when (insert person close to him) died!"
Each network has been getting better I remember about 6 or 7 years ago they had the green room camera and Schefter breaking all the picks before they were made, it was awful. They don't do it any more and Schefter seems to have to bed it down and only gets a few right each round. They have also slowed down the sad stories of late as well. I think it was 2019 that my wife (who watches zero sports) jokingly asked if a family member has to be sacrificed to be drafted because like 25 out of the 32 picked lost someone close.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad