Buffalo Bills Buffalo Bills Offseason 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puppa2Miller

Oct 4, 2007
If Jameson Williams drops to Buffalo’s pick do you take him and laugh?
Personally, I take him. I don't laugh about it because there is some risk and you are wasting a year on his recovery. The upside is just too much to pass for me unless there is someone that I am too in love with falls to the Bills spot.

He would be such a weapon for Allen down the line. I also hate the thought of him falling to the Chiefs, who would run to the podium, imo.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
If Jameson Williams drops to Buffalo’s pick do you take him and laugh?

Depends on who else is there and what kind of offers there are to trade back. Gotta think that Green Bay (assuming Rodgers and Adams leave), Detroit and Jacksonville would love to get up there.

If Detroit offers 31/32 and 34 in exchange for 25 and 57.............that's awfully, awfully tempting.

I don't think we'd get a 23 1st in return.

buffalowing88

Aug 11, 2008
Charlotte, NC
NO and LV would have to offer players, not picks, in return.

Not a whole lot of trades these days with players being throw-ins. Players are sunk costs once you get them. You life with them and die with them, or you sell them off for space 95 percent of the time.

And also, not one lick of interest in Jameson Williams. He isn't dropping that far and we have no business drafting a WR that early. Stef and Gabe deserve 90+ targets each next year. Let Beasley handle some because he really did show up later in the year. His cap hit isn't bad enough to justify a first round WR who will be expecting touches from day one.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008

This man does not give head coach vibes at all. That being said, if he can lead a group of men as a nerdy, awkward dude, then more power to him.

I will say- Shanahan seemed to lean on his play calling more than others, and I like the 49ers philosophy in regards to how it will playout for Tua.

Tua is highly unlikely to become an elite QB in this league. I'm thinking his most likely ceiling is a top-10 QB, though at the lower end of that group. If they can build a strong running game and utilize the west coast offense efficiently (which I think is perfect for Tua), they can be a pretty damn good offense.

But still, watching this man's interviews; they give me little brother vibes rather than a leader of an NFL football team, but who knows? Maybe that will work with this generation of men, haha.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
This man does not give head coach vibes at all. That being said, if he can lead a group of men as a nerdy, awkward dude, then more power to him.

I will say- Shanahan seemed to lean on his play calling more than others, and I like the 49ers philosophy in regards to how it will playout for Tua.

Tua is highly unlikely to become an elite QB in this league. I'm thinking his most likely ceiling is a top-10 QB, though at the lower end of that group. If they can build a strong running game and utilize the west coast offense efficiently (which I think is perfect for Tua), they can be a pretty damn good offense.

But still, watching this man's interviews; they give me little brother vibes rather than a leader of an NFL football team, but who knows? Maybe that will work with this generation of men, haha.

He is way more in the McVay mold than a former player like Vrabel. But, there are a lot of ways to lead teams to success. Being yourself and not trying to play a role that isn't authentic is a way better path forward.

Sansbacon

Sep 26, 2006
Westchester, NY

If Pete Davidson coached football, this would be him :laugh:

Reactions: Mike McDermott

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
He is way more in the McVay mold than a former player like Vrabel. But, there are a lot of ways to lead teams to success. Being yourself and not trying to play a role that isn't authentic is a way better path forward.
Is McVay really that nerdy and awkward?!

Regardless, definitely agree that someone trying to force themselves into a role won't workout for them, and I really f***ing hate Vrabel. That being said, I figured given the demographics of the NFL- they'd be more inclined to follow someone who doesn't come off as a computer nerd, but I could be completely wrong. Also, this isn't to say that a macho man needs to be the leader- McD is far from that and has found a lot of success. Marv Levy wasn't that way, either.

There are many ways to lead, so perhaps this man will find his niche. He's a pretty high risk/high reward hire, so there's definitely a learning curve that's involved, and learning how to connect with his players will be part of that journey.

Finally, nothing wrong with nerds! I'm pretty damn nerdy myself, and I'd assume most of us posting on internet forums are, haha.

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015

Seems like kind of a weird, awkward guy.

I agree with dubi doo as well. He doesn’t really give off head coaching vibes. But we’ll see.

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN

He is just high.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
When I do the PFF mock draft simulator, I get Kenyon Green quite a bit, with both Jordan Davis and Devonte Wyatt on the board. I'm not super sold on the talent available in rounds 2 and 3, so I can usually swing a trade up to get Davis. The sweet spot seems to be pick 34 with the Lions, for pick 57 and 89 (plus a 2023 4th rounder if I'm being realistic).

Draft goes like this:
1-25) Kenyon Green, OL, Texas A&M
2-34) Jordan Davis, DT, Georgia

Traded 127 for 151 and 227, didn't really like who was on the board.
5-151) Hassan Haskins, RB, Michigan

Liked who was on the board, traded 166 and 227 for 153
5-153) Alec Lindstrom, C, Boston College
6-184) Patrick Paul, OT, Houston
6-202) Cameron Latu, TE, Alabama
7-242) Tanner McKee, QB, Stanford

If Beane could come away from day 2 with Green and Davis..... wow. It's like adding a young Larry Allen and a young Ted Washington to the roster. The power run game is addressed by adding Haskins. Lindstrom is a young Dan Koppen.

Line intensive draft, but that's what I think Beane could do anyway.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
PFF mock draft simulator:
nfl-mock-draft-simulator

I set my settings set to:

2/3 PFF board vs public
slightly favoring more care for positional value
slightly favoring less care for need
nearly no randomness

Just doing the first 3 rounds, cuz that's what I'm most comfortable with:

Mock 1
-Traded 25 and 57 to DET for 32 and 34.
32.) Jordan Davis, DT, UGA
34.) Zion Johnson, C/G, BC
89.) Derion Kendrick, CB, UGA

Mock 2
25.) Trent McDuffie, CB, UW
57.) Dylan Parham, G, Memphis
89.) George Pickens, WR, UGA

Reactions: Der Jaeger

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
PFF mock draft simulator:
nfl-mock-draft-simulator

I set my settings set to:

2/3 PFF board vs public
slightly favoring more care for positional value
slightly favoring less care for need
nearly no randomness

I was pretty happy with this. Didn't do any trades.
25.) Roger McCreary, CB, Auburn
57.) Travis Jones, DL, UConn
89.) Skyy Moore, WR, Western Michigan
127.) Marquis Hayes, G, Oklahoma
166.) Pierre Strong Jr., HB, SDSU
184.) Jarrett Patterson, C, ND
202.) Kenderick Duncan, S, Louisville
242.) Skylar Thompson, QB, Kansas State

In retrospect, I think the only thing I'd change would be going for another d-lineman instead of the safety toward the end of the draft.

Reactions: Der Jaeger
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad