Buffalo Bills Buffalo Bills Offseason 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

billsandsabres

lurking
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2002
troy, ny
speculation that they moved on from farwell over the kickoff at the end of the KC game. i would have thought that at that point in a game of that magnitude that the kickoff decision would be made by the head coach or at least collaboratively between the special teams coach and head coach.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
I genuinely don’t care who the ST coordinator is, but isn’t a major time management decision like whether to kick through the end zone vs squib versus pop up something the head coach decides, not a coordinator?

missingmika

Dec 9, 2006
I genuinely don’t care who the ST coordinator is, but isn’t a major time management decision like whether to kick through the end zone vs squib versus pop up something the head coach decides, not a coordinator?

ST coordinator used to be the most important and well loved position on the Bills.

We’re good now, but at what price?

Reactions: Husko

missingmika

Dec 9, 2006
Multiple returners with fumbles, garbage punter, not squibbing It... One return called back for a penalty in a critical game. I think you clean some of that up

We talk about blowing the Jags game a bit, but Andre Smiths penalty on McKenzies return would have gave us the 1 seed. And redeemed the music city miracle.

Reactions: SundherDome

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
Multiple returners with fumbles, garbage punter, not squibbing It... One return called back for a penalty in a critical game. I think you clean some of that up
True, they did rate statistically No8 per SI and have many ST players paid well for that roll. Many insiders are saying that this move inevitable and going to happen either way.
The Baltimore Ravens finish first in Rick Gosselin's annual NFL special teams rankings - Sports Illustrated Talk Of Fame Network
Hopefully Smiley can get more out of them.

Of course Frazier's D rated No1 and he's still around, for now anyways.

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY

I really like that Kromer's had success with multiple schemes and different types of players on offense and that he has experience as a run game coordinator. My biggest complaint about the run game during most of Daboll's time here, besides its general ineffectiveness (which I'm not putting all on him, the OL and backs have sometimes sucked something awful), was that it rarely felt like there was any sort of cohesive integration or marriage between the run and the pass game. Like, the opening Jets game in 2019 when they called something like 17 straight passes or OT in the Houston game when Singletary was running well and he kept dialing up pass plays even though Allen was clearly frazzled. Or, more recently, the stupid 3 and out sequence against the Chiefs where they got the ball around their own 40 and called 3 straight Singletary runs when Josh was killing KC's secondary as a passer and rusher. Essentially, it often felt like there was no real thought to how or when they were running, just kinda a binary switch between "we're gonna pass" and "we're gonna run"

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
I really like that Kromer's had success with multiple schemes and different types of players on offense and that he has experience as a run game coordinator. My biggest complaint about the run game during most of Daboll's time here, besides its general ineffectiveness (which I'm not putting all on him, the OL and backs have sometimes sucked something awful), was that it rarely felt like there was any sort of cohesive integration or marriage between the run and the pass game. Like, the opening Jets game in 2019 when they called something like 17 straight passes or OT in the Houston game when Singletary was running well and he kept dialing up pass plays even though Allen was clearly frazzled. Or, more recently, the stupid 3 and out sequence against the Chiefs where they got the ball around their own 40 and called 3 straight Singletary runs when Josh was killing KC's secondary as a passer and rusher. Essentially, it often felt like there was no real thought to how or when they were running, just kinda a binary switch between "we're gonna pass" and "we're gonna run"
I think we will see a slight rebuild of the line as well. Building around Brown, Dawkins, Doyle at T. Interesting if they resign Bates, he made a very good impact the second half of the season, he is restricted I believe and can also play center if they decide to move on from Morse or he retires. Does Kromer think he can get Ford going or will they move on ? Can Mongo get his groove back under Kromer ? He was a big Bobby Johnson guy. Will they move on from Williams who is getting paid as a starting tackle (maybe a restructure ?). I think we will see a highish (rnd 2-5) draft pick and a FA signing for the line at least.

Reactions: kirby11

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
Prior to free agency, task number 1 falls to Kromer. Can he revive Ford's career? If so, that'd be a huge help for the Bills' offensive line.
The 1.5 in savings if my math is right could be a big play here. If Kromer says keep him, then sure. If he is on the fence, I'd look to trade him and being in a cheap guy Kromer can work with.

Reactions: Der Jaeger

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
It probably was rrelayed feom McDermott to Farwell. The problem then was Farwell didn't relay that to his player(s).

I'm fully stumped as to how the kicker isn't the first guy you tell. Went back and rewatched the kickoff (ouch) and Bass is clearly aiming to boot the thing out of play with a full run up. I think on those pop-up kicks he only takes a few steps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad