Buffalo Bills Buffalo Bills - Week 7: Bye week

Status
Not open for further replies.

whiplash

Jan 6, 2006
NYC
Which they won't be able to do with Brady. They will need to figure out that aspect.

Brady's #1 weakness is pressure from 4 and that's exactly what the Bills accomplished today. This game has me ecstatic about our chances against his old, immobile ass

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
It took me…..almost 10 games into last season to admit that the bills and Josh Allen were really good. I’ve seen too many quick starts for bills qbs just to be let down. Now that the defense is good again? Oh boy. My wife told me I needed to calm down. I told her I waited 20 years for this team I’m going to enjoy it.

Mike McDermott

blah blah blah
Apr 23, 2006
Lockport
Certainly feeling staying up for the entire game after the rain delay. But there was no way I could have gone to bed. I would have just been checking on the game and not been able to fall asleep anyways. Or fallen asleep and keep waking up.

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
Rousseau looked great last night. I'm happy to be wrong about that pick - though i still think passing on JOK is a mistake & i still hate using four recent top picks on the DL (or any one position group for that matter).

Not to take anything away from the Bills but i thought the Chiefs were poor in every department. It's the first full game of theirs I've seen this year - but from what bits I've seen of their other ganes - it's not a complete anomaly. They seem to have taken a huge step back this season.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zman5778 and Husko

Harry Kakalovich

Sep 26, 2002
Montreal
Front four got good pressure and also adjusted well to keep their QB contain. Bills were able to keep Mahomes uncomfortable for most of the night.

The Bills Offense did enough in spurts to put up points. How's the O-line looking? That was Spencer Brown's second start right? How did he hold up? Hope all those guys continue to gel. I like that they could run the ball fairly well last night. Some of the holding calls against the O-line seemed ticky-tack to me. I'm thinking the one on Dawkins in the first half and the one on Morse in the second half.

Waterfowlist

Aug 9, 2012
Rousseau looked great last night. I'm happy to be wrong about that pick - though i still think passing on JOK is a mistake & i still hate using four recent top picks on the DL (or any one position group for that matter).

Not to take anything away from the Bills but i thought the Chiefs were poor in every department. It's the first full game of theirs I've seen this year - but from what bits I've seen of their other ganes - it's not a complete anomaly. They seem to have taken a huge step back this season.

I mean, Rousseau is a guy that never makes it to the 30th pick if he doesn’t opt out. The guy is a freak. Lots of guys come in and pile up sacks as a rookie. Not only is he getting some sacks, but this guy is a huge reason our run defense is elite. You can’t teach length. The bills have 2 guys over 33 starting on the outside. Those 4 picks were absolutely necessary, especially since the cap is going to become an issue. They can’t afford to buy an elite pass rusher.

I’d also say that the chiefs were off in every phase of the game BeCAUSE of the bills. The bills absolutely dominated from start to finish.

the chief lost two close games this year, this was utter domination by the bills. Similar to the super bowl loss. The chiefs have a problem. The road to the super bowl runs through Buffalo. With our schedule, I don’t see how the bills don’t get the #1 seed, barring injuries.

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
At least from watching yesterday, KC seemed to run into a problem the Bills had last year, which was struggling to carry out long, methodical drives when the big, explosive chunk plays weren't available. While Kelce and Hill are amazing weapons, there's really no one else above replacement level in their pass game, whereas the Bills have done a good job of adjusting when teams shut down Diggs/Beasley this year.

missingmika

Dec 9, 2006

Using those picks on the line is one of the reasons they’re so dominant. The other teams oline is out there every play. The Bills are sending fresh DL every play.

The Philosopher is a beast. All they could do to contain him last night was hold him. Every play. That arm length and strength is other worldly.

Knox has been great. But this was his coming out party. Like Rod Tidwell he used the National stage to show he’s one of the top TEs in the league.

We’ve yet to see a complete game from this team. Each game feels like they have another level they can get to. They’re scary good.

Mike McDermott

blah blah blah
Apr 23, 2006
Lockport
Its nice they're giving wright some crap, but part of me wishes everyone would just ignore him so he'll go away. Hes just a professional troll
I get that vibe. I don’t really ever hear anything from/about him except for here.

Unfortunately, media like him does these things because it works and it gets views/hits/reactions.

Reactions: jc17

GrierIsGod123

Oct 22, 2009
Orchard Park
At least from watching yesterday, KC seemed to run into a problem the Bills had last year, which was struggling to carry out long, methodical drives when the big, explosive chunk plays weren't available. While Kelce and Hill are amazing weapons, there's really no one else above replacement level in their pass game, whereas the Bills have done a good job of adjusting when teams shut down Diggs/Beasley this year.
Knox and Sanders have been key, not to mention Zack Moss turning into a beast. It'd be nice to see them use Gabe Davis and McKenzie a bit more.

Part of me wonders if they've limited Beasley and Davis due to their vaccination status/views. Seems a bit strange they haven't used Davis much this year, as he was dynamite as a rookie.

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
Knox and Sanders have been key, not to mention Zack Moss turning into a beast. It'd be nice to see them use Gabe Davis and McKenzie a bit more.

Part of me wonders if they've limited Beasley and Davis due to their vaccination status/views. Seems a bit strange they haven't used Davis much this year, as he was dynamite as a rookie.
Nothing to do with their vaccination status, imo. Davis was injured and playing hurt when Knox emerged to take away snaps and targets. And they are running much more than last year which has limited Beasley’s utility and snaps a bit. I fully expect them to be more involved if the Bills ever find themselves in a shootout, which seems unlikely given the play of the defense so far.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
I think the ref's leaned in the Chief's direction in this game but discovered Buffalo was too good and could not be penalized out of drives.

They added some absurd penalties in the 2nd half but saw it was already too late to alter the outcome.

Yet Reid was still bitching and moaning to the ref's on the sidelines.......

There are a LOT of KC fans out here in Colorado. (Denver is a sick destination for KS and NE pot users.... lol) It's going to be extremely gratifying to watch them have to suck up this loss.

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
I just read that the Bills win over KC last night was the first time any team beat them by more than 1 score in the regular season since Mahomes became the starting QB.

Pretty cool.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Enjoy this, fellas. It's going to be a fun ride for the next decade. We got our QB, we have a great GM, and an excellent coach. That's how you build success for the long term.

This team is special. Last year was like the 05-06 Sabres. This year theyre like the 06-07 Sabres except theyre hyper focused and hungry. Super easy team to love. We're a lucky fanbase.

Last edited:

billsandsabres

lurking
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2002
troy, ny
game ball to frazier. the cover 2 strategy worked perfectly and eliminated the big play threat and neutralized the chiefs explosiveness. the chiefs had pass plays of 26, 17, and 15. everything else was 12 or less.

some pundits will say that the bills created a template on how to slow down the chiefs, but that's not entirely true. it worked so well because hyde and poyer are exceptional and edmunds/taron/klein did a good job of minimizing yac on the underneath stuff. most teams don't have the personnel to execute cover 2 like the bills just did. and that was without milano!

Sansbacon

Sep 26, 2006
Westchester, NY
some pundits will say that the bills created a template on how to slow down the chiefs, but that's not entirely true. it worked so well because hyde and poyer are exceptional and edmunds/taron/klein did a good job of minimizing yac on the underneath stuff. most teams don't have the personnel to execute cover 2 like the bills just did. and that was without milano!
With a healthy Milano in that game, they probably get another int and/or fumble recovery. Called back due to defensive holding, obviously, but still. They really did execute an exceptional game.

Reactions: WeDislikeEich

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY

Nothing to do with their vaccination status, imo. Davis was injured and playing hurt when Knox emerged to take away snaps and targets. And they are running much more than last year which has limited Beasley’s utility and snaps a bit. I fully expect them to be more involved if the Bills ever find themselves in a shootout, which seems unlikely given the play of the defense so far.

I think it's all of the above--I didn't expect Knox to look this good or for Sanders to be this effective at his age. I thought he and Davis would have like a 65/35 split as the nominal #2 wideout, but he's done great so far since Josh got dialed in after week 2.

The run game still isn't necessarily great, but it's definitely improved from last year. IMO, they need to keep Moss as the clear #1 RB moving forward. He might not be the most dynamic back, but unlike Singletary, he's creating yards after contact and seems to be more effective (just based on the eye test).

Reactions: JThorne

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
I just read that the Bills win over KC last night was the first time any team beat them by more than 1 score in the regular season since Mahomes became the starting QB.

Pretty cool.

Yeah, the biggest margin of victory was 8 points against KC before yesterday.

Reactions: WeDislikeEich
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad