Buffalo Bills Buffalo Bills - Week 7: Bye week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
Yeah, IOL remains a major weakness for this team. I'd love to see Beane make a move or 2 on that front before the trade deadline. This is a year to really go for it.

I think you keep Feliciano as the 'glue guy' - but one quality starter to allow Williams to move back outside is this squad's only real hole.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
I think you keep Feliciano as the 'glue guy' - but one quality starter to allow Williams to move back outside is this squad's only real hole.

Williams was a liability on the outside, too. He's the first guy you bench when you acquire help for the OL, imo.

Waterfowlist

Aug 9, 2012
We need KC to win this week. Tenn has as weak of a schedule as buffalo the rest of the way, so we need them to lose every tough game they have if we want that #1 seed.

People wrote KC off because of 3 early losses, but the meat of their schedule is over after this week. I wouldn't be surprised to see them somewhat run away with that division. LAC are good, but I don't think they are 13 win good and I doubt KC drops more than 1 or maybe 2 the rest of the way.

Waterfowlist

Aug 9, 2012
Wow, maybe the chiefs are dead…

It is a strong reminder that sustaining success in the nfl is difficult, even with a great QB.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
We need KC to win this week. Tenn has as weak of a schedule as buffalo the rest of the way, so we need them to lose every tough game they have if we want that #1 seed.

People wrote KC off because of 3 early losses, but the meat of their schedule is over after this week. I wouldn't be surprised to see them somewhat run away with that division. LAC are good, but I don't think they are 13 win good and I doubt KC drops more than 1 or maybe 2 the rest of the way.

Tennessee still has to play at

At Indianapolis
At New England
At Pittsburgh
At Rams
Host New Orleans

all before Xmas

buffalo host
New England
Indianapolis
at New Orleans
at Tampa Bay

in the same period

I feel buffalo will end up a game or two ahead in the standings

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
It’s impossible to predict the standings to know which teams need to win or lose in week 7

I understand you can’t predict but probabilistically you can get a trend.

as of now Buffalo has left just 3 teams left with 0-3 loses all in nfc south.

baltimore has 8
Cincinati has 6 +KC
Tennessee has 3
LA have 4+ KC
Vegas have 4 + 2 KC games

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
I think we're watching two different players. Williams was a stud last season on the outside.

He had a rough couple games to start this year but I think he could still at least hold his own at tackle. IMO he got kicked inside more because Brown proved he can be decent at tackle and Boettger and Ford suck. Ford in particular was one of Beane's few huge misses in the draft.

Onslow

Mar 25, 2015
Here and There
He had a rough couple games to start this year but I think he could still at least hold his own at tackle. IMO he got kicked inside more because Brown proved he can be decent at tackle and Boettger and Ford suck. Ford in particular was one of Beane's few huge misses in the draft.

Ford has a ton of potential as a mauler in the run game but gets beat by speed rushes all the time. This was a make or break season for him and it ain’t lookin good so far.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
I think we're watching two different players. Williams was a stud last season on the outside.

Yeah. There's a reason he got a really solid contract from our FO in the offseason. He was borderline Pro Bowl level last year.

But echoing kirby above......he got kicked inside b/c the coaches decided that a Williams-Brown right side would be better than a Ford/Boetteger-Williams right side.

Problem is, Williams sucked out loud as a guard in Carolina and he ain't much better here.

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
Yeah. There's a reason he got a really solid contract from our FO in the offseason. He was borderline Pro Bowl level last year.

But echoing kirby above......he got kicked inside b/c the coaches decided that a Williams-Brown right side would be better than a Ford/Boetteger-Williams right side.

Problem is, Williams sucked out loud as a guard in Carolina and he ain't much better here.

Totally agreed - which is why i suggested the only real improvement to make would be to replace Boettger/Ford & move Williams back outside.

I don't have snap charts /data to prove this but IIRC Williams has been playing inside for the majority of the season.

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
I understand you can’t predict but probabilistically you can get a trend.

as of now Buffalo has left just 3 teams left with 0-3 loses all in nfc south.

baltimore has 8
Cincinati has 6 +KC
Tennessee has 3
LA have 4+ KC
Vegas have 4 + 2 KC games

The Colts are better than the Falcons at minimum and probably a few other 3 loss teams. Their early season schedule was brutal. They lost to the Seahawks (with Wilson healthy), the Rams, the Titans, and the Ravens in OT.

But yes, hopefully Baltimore/Cincy/Cleveland and KC/Vegas/LA beat the crap out of each other, and Tennessee loses a few more of those head scratchers that keep people from taking them serious every year.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
The Colts are better than the Falcons at minimum and probably a few other 3 loss teams. Their early season schedule was brutal. They lost to the Seahawks (with Wilson healthy), the Rams, the Titans, and the Ravens in OT.

But yes, hopefully Baltimore/Cincy/Cleveland and KC/Vegas/LA beat the crap out of each other, and Tennessee loses a few more of those head scratchers that keep people from taking them serious every year.

I said it before the Colts were better than their 0-3 given who they played. They have an easier schedule so they could sneak into the playoffs.

Waterfowlist

Aug 9, 2012
I've watched a few Jets games - are they going to have to pick another QB soon? It seems like that team is a mess...
Rookie QBs are given up on far too quickly in this league and it usually forever breaks them. If Josh Allen were a Jet I doubt he would still be on the jets and doubt he would be considered one of the best players in the game.

I never realized or believed coaches and GMs were that important until seeing what Beane and McDermott have done for the bills. A team may luck into a few winning seasons with a bad duo, but long term success will never happen unless you have a truly special GM and Coach combo.

Last edited:

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Rookie QBs are given up on far too quickly in this league and it usually forever breaks them. If Josh Allen were a Jet I doubt he would still be on the jets and doubt he would be considered one of the best players in the game.

I never realized or believed coaches and GMs were that important until seeing what Beane and McDermott have done for the bills. A team may luck into a few winning seasons with a bad duo, but long term success will never happen unless you have a truly special GM and Coach combo.
The Jets will always be the Jets.

Couldn't agree more with @Waterfowlist above.
Man, a good GM/coaching combo was something I prayed for before McD and Beane showed up, and Im not even a religious man!

Honestly, Wilson has the tools to be a good QB, but it seems Saleh is in over his head. I thought Douglas made some good moves over the past few years, but his coaching hire and stubbornness in holding onto Gase for so long may lead to his firing.

Im thinking theyll give them one more year, but the team may need to show improvement throughout the year for that to come to fruition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad