How do Kings earn back your money?

Who needs to go to earn back your money?

• Total voters

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Unbelievable someone would compare the board to Karens and Bathe as some hero fighting savor against these Karens. That's some great comedy even for such a clown. Bathe is basically the spoiled soccer mom crying because she's not getting others to help make the team blanket, get oranges/kids for the kids, etc.
1715706401233.png

bland

Jul 1, 2004
Unbelievable someone would compare the board to Karens and Bathe as some hero fighting savor against these Karens. That's some great comedy even for such a clown. Bathe is basically the spoiled soccer mom crying because she's not getting others to help make the team blanket, get oranges/kids for the kids, etc.
Lol, which one dribbled that out?

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.

i almost wish I could see the post that spurned this

because i'm impressed that one can type with that many boots in their mouth

Gjwrams

A Know Nothing Fool
Mar 4, 2019
Good, bad, shitty, rebuilding…I’m a fan and will always consume their product. Pretty much the same as all of you

Reactions: KopitarGOAT420

Gjwrams

A Know Nothing Fool
Mar 4, 2019
I'm sure I'll probably regret wading into this but what exactly did Carrlyn say or do that pissed you all off so much?
It was something silly Jesse. Drew tweeted something smug, and Carrlyn defended him, and from that point on she was branded a company shill. You kniw your average chat board stuff.

Reactions: johnjm22
Good, bad, shitty, rebuilding…I’m a fan and will always consume their product. Pretty much the same as all of you

I don't know, man. I nearly completely lost interest before COVID. That season I was so disinterested I didn't watch very many games. I wasn't purposefully boycotting the team I just completely lost interest in it because they were so bad and there really not much to look forward to.

I don't think I'm as mad as some people on here but I really have no interest in going to games next year unless there are great deals on the secondary market. I'd have no problem paying $40 to sit in the PR's and watch them get mopped up by some of the good teams in the league. That's certainly not going to drive revenue for the team though.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill

There's a whole lot to unpack here. Soccer Moms and Karens sounds like something you'd pay $9.95 for. :laugh:

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Loook Karen Bathe has got to go. She’s got no respect for fans and for that reason she can f*** off.

And Darryl Evan’s has committed so many visual atrocities with his awful wardrobe that he needs to be sent to Guantanamo Bay

Reactions: ibleedkings

Trash Panda

May 12, 2021
I would rather see Carrlyn promoted to simultaneous head coach, GM, and goalie than listen to you dweebs talk about her hair and her twitter anymore
The immensity of the ruffled Jimmie’s over a f***in media personality is just insane.

I couldn’t give a shit less about the broadcast when the on-ice product is what it is.

Reactions: King'sPawn

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
The immensity of the ruffled Jimmie’s over a f***in media personality is just insane.

I couldn’t give a shit less about the broadcast when the on-ice product is what it is.
I agree in general. I don't like what she said to the fans, or when she chastized Russell Morgan for putting stats she dislikes, but in the end, she does fluff interviews, pre-game, and postgame. She seems to genuinely love the sport, especially since her dad used to play.

She does her job. And I don't watch hockey to get aroused, so I could honestly not give two shits about whether or not she's hot.

I just think the production crew is the least of concerns. Accessibility to the games, the on-ice product, and organizational management are much bigger issues to me.

Trash Panda

May 12, 2021
I agree in general. I don't like what she said to the fans, or when she chastized Russell Morgan for putting stats she dislikes, but in the end, she does fluff interviews, pre-game, and postgame. She seems to genuinely love the sport, especially since her dad used to play.

She does her job. And I don't watch hockey to get aroused, so I could honestly not give two shits about whether or not she's hot.

I just think the production crew is the least of concerns. Accessibility to the games, the on-ice product, and organizational management are much bigger issues to me.
Completely on the same page there.

Do I love the entire broadcast package? Absolutely not.

Does it even register on my radar of concerns regarding the Kings as a whole? A resounding f*** no.

Reactions: King'sPawn

KopitarGOAT420

Jan 30, 2020
USA
Short answer would be Luc, Blake, and Bergevin fired... But seeing as that clearly isn't happening this offseason, I'll take another approach.

I need the current regime to prove to us (by the decisions they make this offseason) that they understand their current philosophy doesn't work and that changes are needed. And I know things are pretty depressing right now and certain comments about 'progress' from Blake and Luc likely indicate we'll see more of the same this offseason & next season.... But I'm just saying these decisions would start to be a step in the right direction and would give some indication that maybe this group isn't completely and totally incompetent (since we seem to be stuck with them anyways).
  • DON'T re-sign Arvidsson, Roy, Lizotte, or Grundstrom
    • Decent players but the first two would be too expensive and the last two aren't worth bringing back
    • You know the current roster isn't good enough... So why bust your balls trying to keep it together? Let some of these guys walk and get some new blood in the lineup
  • DON'T go into next season with Byfield still on the wing, PLD still at 3C, and Kopitar still at 1C
    • They mentioned they 'need to figure out a way to get PLD going' - That starts with actually changing the way they deploy him
    • They need Byfield to be the future 1C - So start getting him those reps
  • DON'T sign veteran wingers/defensemen that block the likes of Fagemo, Laferriere, Thomas, Turcotte, Helenius, Clarke, etc
    • Depending on who you pencil in for the 2024/25 opening night lineup - There could be a top 6 right wing spot open for the likes of Fagemo, Laferrerie, Thomas, etc to get a prolonged look in a role that sets them up for decent minutes with good linemates.... Would be so Kongs to sign a RWer for $3-4m just to ensure those guys never get a shot at that roster spot
  • DON'T roll out the same ridiculously boring / rigid style of hockey that actively handcuffs the team's high skill players
    • Fiala, Kempe, and Moore all voiced frustrations with the current system (that's the teams two best point producers and leading goal scorer outright saying the system they're forced to play is hindering them)
    • Doughty also mentioned the current system makes it nearly impossible for him to jump up on the rush (the team's best offensive defensemen can't activate to produce more offense)
    • LISTEN. TO. YOUR. PLAYERS. (If you aren't going to listen to fans and hockey analysts / media everywhere who are also saying the Kings need to change systems)
  • DON'T set your young players up to fail by giving them 7 mins of ice time on the 4th line then scratching/benching them the second they make a mistake
    • Please god don't give us Fagemo on the 4th line with Lizotte and Lewis again
    • Also (and this should be so obvious) don't take your blue chip defensive prospect (Clarke) and throw him on the bottom pair next to Andreas Englund
All of the points above would be a deviation from the norm for the current group - Does it fix everything? No, of course not. But again, at least it would be a step in the right direction rather than just more of the same.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
mentioning something doesn't mean it's at the top of the list of fixings.

Again, it's just one symptom of a bigger issue.

Pretty f***in sick of the accusations of binary thinking like we can't walk and chew gum at the same time. I have plenty of bigger fish to fry with the org than Carrlyn but that doesn't mean it's not horseshit behavior worth calling out. Sure, let's move on, but let's stop pretending anyone's single and major grievance with the organization at this point is with a game ops person, no need to be dismissive.

Reactions: chris kontos

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
mentioning something doesn't mean it's at the top of the list of fixings.

Again, it's just one symptom of a bigger issue.

Pretty f***in sick of the accusations of binary thinking like we can't walk and chew gum at the same time. I have plenty of bigger fish to fry with the org than Carrlyn but that doesn't mean it's not horseshit behavior worth calling out. Sure, let's move on, but let's stop pretending anyone's single and major grievance with the organization at this point is with a game ops person, no need to be dismissive.
There have been a few people who think she either needs to be fired or removed from the broadcast because of this past season. And it's in a thread about the Kings earning fans money - so the inclusion and discussion suggests the change needs to happen in order to be satisfied.

Nobody's being dismissive about grievances. But when there are shallow remarks on the "hotness" of the broadcaster or thinking major changes need to happen because of a couple stupid comments, then some will get reminded about needing to touch grass or consider bigger picture issues.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
There have been a few people who think she either needs to be fired or removed from the broadcast because of this past season. And it's in a thread about the Kings earning fans money - so the inclusion and discussion suggests the change needs to happen in order to be satisfied.

Nobody's being dismissive about grievances. But when there are shallow remarks on the "hotness" of the broadcaster or thinking major changes need to happen because of a couple stupid comments, then some will get reminded about needing to touch grass or consider bigger picture issues.

Yes--the serious posts point that out as one of the things. no one has posted that as their sole issue, and most point it out as a symptom of bigger issues.

Anyone taking the shallow driveby remarks as serious substantial remarks is either being dishonest or f***ing stupid. This forum knows better. It just allows people to tee off and distract from the meat of the discussion.

I think we're trying to give everyone credit that they can draw the lines between "in game engagement shouldn't be arguing with the fans" and "the front office is being smug and here are symptoms of the problem" but maybe we shouldn't have since several posters are obfuscating either intentionally or not.

Frankly I'm being a pissy little bitch about it because it reduces some really well thought out comprehensive patterns of complaints written over several years to 'haha these idiots dont like the blondie, that's it idiots?' when that's clearly not the case.

In short, for the Kings to earn back my money, the systematic gatekeeping of access and smug attitude of the org towards its fans and non-team-affiliated media needs to stop. Carrlyn being a prick to one of the only devoted Kings writers whose employment isn't affected by them but whose access IS just shows how comfortable even the nitwits are at bullying people to being only positive worshippers of the Kings. Whether she's fired, reprimanded, or nothing at all is sort of immaterial to the bigger picture but i'm still going to call it horseshit. I don't care if she's a relentless cheerleader; I DO care when she's like "come on stop reporting facts."

Last edited:

chris kontos

Feb 28, 2023
The journarnistic integrity of the people that write, blog and represent the team across all media is reflective of the integrity of the management of the kings. As in so many organizations that the workers follow the examples and habits of thier management betters- which in the kings case is quite sorry

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad