London Knights 2023-2024 Season Thread (Part 7)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
Pressure is ALL on Shwa. Lose and the season is over.
Punnett.....kid is a battler and has a huge GAF meter. Not a fan of the stick work but he is their heartbeat. I'd go after him early ( clean, hard on gorecheck ect.)
Shwa did a good job of standing up as a group and defending the blueline Monday forces turnovers and/or denying clean entries. London adjusted. Does Shwa have an answer?
Laz has to be a good coach. Impressive resume so I won't get on him, as ya need to play with the cards ya got. So far they are outmatched. We shall see how it works out tonight.
Either way LK is in the driver seat and I see they moving on tonight or Friday.

Simpson starting is right call and he can rest after the series is over.

Best of luck tonight. Fun team to watch...

..wait. No! BOOOOOO YOU!!
It's all good, just a permanent record your Fandom is edging west down the 401 lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheCoach

crowncarrier

My father hung me on a hook once....once.
Apr 10, 2015
Glad I’m not the only one to see the hypocrisy.

London fans are still whimpering about the refs from the Saginaw series - - even though they won.

Can you imagine if London had lost? They’d still be rioting in the streets.
Funny how your tune has changed now that your team is down 3 games to none. You seemed peacefull and open to talk and now......not so much.

Gruesome twosome of Faist and Monette. Hold onto your butts.

Gaz with Julien and Cowan. Simpson in net.
Do suspensions carry over from the ohl to the memorial cup?

Last edited:

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
Funny how your tune has changed now that your team is down 3 games to none. You seemed peacefully and open to talk and now......not so much.

Do suspensions carry over from the ohl to the memorial cup?
They can, but every one in recent memory has been reduced (I.e. Anthony Stolarz)

Last edited:
Reactions: frontsfan67

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa

London fans are still whimpering about the refs from the Saginaw series - - even though they won.

Why would fans call bad officiating good, because they've won a series, nothing has changed the facts, on London wins, they are used to winning with bad officiating. It doesn't exempt London fans from bitching because London has won

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
What do the hockey gods have in store tonight? So far... two blowouts, a record-setting 4 goal, 3rd period come from behind and then OT win in an OHL final.
Maybe we see a scrap, S. Boulton vs Roorbroek.
Maybe we see S. Boulton slewfoot a General during the post - game handshake if we finish things off tonight. That would be a first.
Just stick to the plan... 60 minute effort.
I think this will be a dog fight here. Oshawa trying to avoid sweep on home ice and London looking to put them away and book their ticket to mem cup

0 chance boulton and roobroeck go at it. Boulton is only in league for physicality and roobroeck is one of the best players on Oshawa and they’ll definitely need him with sennecke out again.

He won’t be trying to spend a bunch of time in the box unless bouton runs the goalie and oster leaves on a stretcher or something lol

Last edited:

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022

They haven’t had much to complain about here in this series so they remember the last one a little more I think lol

Still it’s been a week

Donnie740

May 28, 2021
Funny how your tune has changed now that your team is down 3 games to none. You seemed peacefull and open to talk and now......not so much.

My perspective on this series hasn’t changed in the least - - and I’m just as civil as I’ve always been.

As I explained prior to the series, even at full strength Oshawa is woefully outmatched by London in terms of talent and experience. With the injuries, Oshawa had ZERO chance.

I called out the ridiculous narrative that “London has equal injuries too” and Game 3 proved my assessment to be correct. Even with Punnett playing one leg and Buckley playing with one arm, it was infinitely more competitive than without them.

Even with an 0-4 sweep this has been a phenomenally successful season for a young Oshawa team.

dmead

Code Spelunker
Jan 12, 2018
London
Pressure is ALL on Shwa. Lose and the season is over.
Punnett.....kid I'm a battler and has a huge GAF meter. Not a fan of the stick work but he is their heartbeat. I'd go after him early ( clean, hard on gorecheck ect.)
Shumway did a good job of standing up as a group and defending the blueline Monday forces turnovers and/or denying clean entries. London adjusted. Does Shwa have an answer?
Laz has to be a good coach. Impressive resume so I won't get on him, as ya need to play with the cards ya got. So far they are outmatched. We shall see how it works out tonight.
Either way LK is in the driver seat and I see they moving on tonight or Friday.

Simpson starting is right call and he can rest after the series is over.

It's all good, just a permanent record your Fandom is edging west down the 401 lol.
Yeah, in terms of movement hes around Putnum Road. 😁

Reactions: rve24

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Even with an 0-4 sweep this has been a phenomenally successful season for a young Oshawa team.
Sennecke and Ritchie will be league leaders for points next year- both prob top 10- top 5 if they play all the games but I think both will get atleast invited to team Canada

London next year will be good as always but will be without some solid guys like mccue, Dickinson, Cowan, George, edward, Gazizov, julien, Lawrence and probably haltunnen too. Don’t know much about Landon sim but I know he’s drafted so he may make the ahl next year too

I wonder what Londons plans in goal are next year. Willmore although he’s decent I’m not sure is worth an OA spot. I think they may go after another Pete’s OA goalie in sztuska but I’m hoping the fronts get him first lol.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Everyone always underrates the Q. Believe they’ve won 3 or 4 mem cups in a row. London very well may win it though. I predict Drummondville vs London final with London winning. Saginaw gets 4th.
Drummondville is an interesting one.

They have 4 players that were Draft Picks, plus another that was not drafted but signed as an Overager. Lamoreux has been out during the postseason. Gauthier and Komarov have been really good, but is that enough to beat a powerhouse like London? I see your point about QMJHL champions, but I guess we'll see how much of that will matter in this particular year.

Ferguson Jenkins

Jul 17, 2021
I think the reason why it was a goal is because simpsons glove was out of the blue area and Ritchie wasn’t in the blue. So in other words Simpson was too far out.
Could be. I’d have to take another look but it looked like pad contact in the blue as well. Could be wrong.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Everyone always underrates the Q. Believe they’ve won 3 or 4 mem cups in a row. London very well may win it though. I predict Drummondville vs London final with London winning. Saginaw gets 4th.
I am predicting Saginaw/London cup final, Moose Jaw Worriers will fight Saginaw to be that team against London, pick the Spirit because they are home, Drummondville would be fortunate to win one game IMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad