London Knights 2023-2024 Season Thread (Part 7)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
Yubba-dubba-doooooooooo!!!!
OHL Champs....5 titles in less than 20 years! That's insane!
Love this team....
Well coached...an exciting brand of hockey; heavy on the forecheck; a backend that ranks among our best of all time; just a smothering defence; solid goaltending; fast skilled forwards, 3 lines deep, just a well-oiled machine. Fun to watch! The Edmonton OIlers watch video of our PP! Ovechkin studies Haltunnen's one -timer! (...or so I imagine)
Even though the Gens were built for next season, it must seem like a humiliating defeat the way things played out, but they can use the experience as motivation for next season.
I think I'm finally accepting that Cowan might not be back next season...He's outgrown the league.
Still one task remaining...it won't be easy, but bring home that Memorial Cup.
There was a rap song back in the 80s by 'Two Live Crew'...."Hey, We Want Some [. ]". Different context, but go take a listen on You Tube when you get a chance! Homage to Landon Sim!

Hedon rating: 11/10

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
That was a little embarrassing for the leaguebin terms of the extreme disparity between conferences, but the Knights have a great team and showed it. Take nothing away from them. ConCongratulations
"Take nothing away from them"
But ya kinda/sorta/actually just did lol.

Reactions: PhlyerPhanatic31

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
Congrats to the Knights truly an impressive run thru the OHL playoffs. 16W with just 2L! Left NO DOUBT in anyone's minds who the "class" of the league was. Amazing group of talent that came together and became one of the strongest Knights teams we have had the privilege to cheer and support. The gap between Dale and our entire coaching staff vs our competition is becoming greater and greater it seems every passing year! Hats off to Mark the architect behind the scenes who always seems to shop early so we get to enjoy an entire season of these great players! Cheers and Good Luck at the Memorial Cup.

Donnie740

May 28, 2021
Clearly the better team won the series, and it’s not overly surprising that it was a sweep. I’ll be the first to acknowledge that.

It was obvious that Oshawa had emptied the tank in Game 3 and had nothing left tonight. I was at three of the four games and there’s no question that this was a massacre.

Loved seeing Connor Punnett go down swinging - - figuratively speaking, not literally. When he ran over Simpson I couldn’t believe nobody stepped up to fight him or at least get in his face and give him a dirty look.

They left it up to the youngest kid on the team to confront Punnett while everyone else just stared at their skates. I had to laugh when Nicholl dropped his gloves and then he hit the ice before his gloves did, immediately covering his head up and hoping Punnett would take mercy on him.

Credit to Nicholl though for being the only one to engage Punnett. I was shocked that Sawyer Boulton wasn’t sent out to challenge Punnett after his penalty was finished. Even if he got suspended for it, you can’t tell me London would miss Boulton in the least. I don’t think he got on the ice tonight until the final minute of the game.

Good luck to London in the Memorial Cup. And for the love of God - - stop whining about the refs!

Drop the Puck

Apr 28, 2016
Fact??
Knights swept last three OHL Championships

NIA
NIA
OSH

All on the road.

Last edited:
Reactions: LDN

skills71

May 21, 2023
Clearly the better team won the series, and it’s not overly surprising that it was a sweep. I’ll be the first to acknowledge that.

It was obvious that Oshawa had emptied the tank in Game 3 and had nothing left tonight. I was at three of the four games and there’s no question that this was a massacre.

Loved seeing Connor Punnett go down swinging - - figuratively speaking, not literally. When he ran over Simpson I couldn’t believe nobody stepped up to fight him or at least get in his face and give him a dirty look.

They left it up to the youngest kid on the team to confront Punnett while everyone else just stared at their skates. I had to laugh when Nicholl dropped his gloves and then he hit the ice before his gloves did, immediately covering his head up and hoping Punnett would take mercy on him.

Credit to Nicholl though for being the only one to engage Punnett. I was shocked that Sawyer Boulton wasn’t sent out to challenge Punnett after his penalty was finished. Even if he got suspended for it, you can’t tell me London would miss Boulton in the least. I don’t think he got on the ice tonight until the final minute of the game.

Good luck to London in the Memorial Cup. And for the love of God - - stop whining about the refs!
Those were Punnett’s gloves that hit the ice. He was looking for a fight when there wasn’t one coming. No need for suspensions at point in the game.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa

Cheering a player going after goalies and then attacking a young player skating by him, I don't view this as a laughing matter, the young Nicholl never dropped the gloves and never engaged, Punnett picked him as he was skating nearby. Someone just ask why the Generals lost with a player like Punnett in its lineup, there is the answer, because Punnett dressed for the Generals.

Oshawa had emptied their tanks before the finals against North Bay, overall they were a much better hockey club to what they've shown in these finals, except for game 3, London never let Oshawa the faintest of hope in this series. Cheers!

rve24

Oct 26, 2022

SB did challenge him previous game after the whack a mole game 14 was playing. Punnett wanted no part of it and woulda done the same again lol.
#fauxtoughguy lol.

At least we know HL has been following the thread ;)

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history

Then the yahoos come out and accuse the Knights of gooning it up. Why risk injury or suspension?

Great coaching knows how to pick your spots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad