Post-Game Talk: Oilers Win Game 1! Broken sticks and lucky deflections be damned!

Dradavich

Nov 29, 2019
Canada
The LA Kings when it comes to scoring the shittiest goals imaginable.
wayne-gretzky-nhl.gif

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
I dunno if there's much to take from that. Kings were just lobbing pucks on net and praying, just do the same thing in game 2 but be smarter around your own crease so the Kings can't get a bunch of Brent Burns-ass goals. Also check your sticks before the faceoff.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Hyman hattie, McDavid with a 5 point night, and Bouchard with a 4 point night.

Game got closer than it needed to but was never in doubt. The Kings got so many lucky bounces it seemed like and we missed a few absolute tap ins.

Go win the next one.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
Good game by the boys, too bad a couple of bad breaks happened at the end. Kings are an absolute trash organization, basically Flames south. Just pieces of shit players whose only goal is to injure their opponent. Nice to beat those pricks. Let’s do it again in two days.

94 Oil Drops

McHy is the new McDrai.
Sep 19, 2019
Alberta
That score flattered the Kings. They had some of the goofiest BS puck luck I've ever seen in a hockey game. Could of been 8-2 or 7-1 Oilers easily!

Regardless, its awesome to see such a great effort and a win in game 1. The Kings got lucky tonight but I'm sure they'll play better in the next game. Gotta be focused and ready.

Kerberos

Hound of Hades
Nov 4, 2021
Kings had horseshoes up their asses tonight. Two goals off Bouchard and Nurse. A gift from Ceci's glove after his stick exploded.

A lot of good to take out of this one. Playoff McDavid makes regular season McDavid look like he's playing at 1/4 speed.

Just have to clean up the 2nd period lull that afflicted them in this one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad