Post-Game Talk: Oilers Win Game 1! Broken sticks and lucky deflections be damned!

CROTT

Aug 25, 2007
Edmonton
IMG_4746.gif

Oildrum

Jan 22, 2013
Imagine being an NHL player and your reaction is to shove the puck into the middle of the ice where 2 kings are.

It’s funny because of the score but god damn Ceci could cost us down the line.

Hyman and McDavid will save us though

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
Nice to see that piece of shit Moore be the goat of the game, after his incredibly selfish and stupid penalty took all the momentum the Kings had and gave it right back to the Oilers. But of course he didn’t miss a shift, as that garbage team applauds those players, team is full of them.

No panel post game form Toronto?
They are still in their circle jerk celebrating the Leafs win.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Really entertaining game. Lots of hitting, lots of goals. Wasn't boring at all. I can't understand people complaining about this series. Its always got some drama, excitement, entertainment.

Hyman such a valuable player. Mcd with possibly his best game all season, Drai was a boss and Henrique exceptional first period.

Gotta continue to play at a high level. Oilers have been guilty in past of not following up.

Best thing is make this as short a series as possible.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Big win.

The big boys came to play led by McDavid. McDavid, Hyman, Draisaitl, Bouchard, Henrique. Even Nuge on the score sheet.

Kings should be terrified of our PP so mission accomplished there. Talbot is probably doubting himself so that’s another plus.

Not a great second period after being up 4-0 but glad they stopped the bleeding for a bit lol.

That sequence with Nurse and Ceci at the end. Mostly bad luck in garbage time but ugh. Glad those plays didn’t cost them.

Skinner was solid enough despite the bad breaks. I think they have to tighten up a bit and not allow so many shots though.

Just keep winning and make this a short series.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Imagine being an NHL player and your reaction is to shove the puck into the middle of the ice where 2 kings are.

It’s funny because of the score but god damn Ceci could cost us down the line.

Hyman and McDavid will save us though
Yeh…. So for my own sanity I’m just going to ignore Ceci’s decision making there. Besides that play though, which only started cause of an unlucky stick break, he’s was solid.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad