Buffalo Bills Onto Week 3 at Miami

Status
Not open for further replies.

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
Love that Dorsey makes adjustments. They were gashing them in the passing game and they couldn't do anything. I am curious to see when the weather turns to shit and we get deeper in the season of his philosophy changes a little bit to get the rb's involved more
Yeah I’ve been really impressed with his half time adjustments and how he’s been able to get the offense to really dial in so far in 2nd half’s.

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm
My concern, same as last year, is without a reliable run game it's going to be harder to close out tougher games. Zack Moss does look better than last year, so hopefully he and Singletary can provide a bit of a balance and we can get more runs in there.

The team and scheme will dictate the plays . We'll have some good run games.. all three look healthy.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
No you’re doubling down on a point that you didn’t get. Of course the bills will miss having good players not on the field. No that doesn’t mean it’ll impact the actual game.
My point was correct. Oliver not being there against the Titans meant nothing. maybe even less than nothing. They may have been better off that he wasn’t there. Against that specific offense with this specific gameplan.

I love that they can shut down a team so fully like I said they would, the way I said they would, but no…I’m the one whose wrong.

ok.

cool.

good look for you

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

My point was correct. Oliver not being there against the Titans meant nothing. maybe even less than nothing. They may have been better off that he wasn’t there. Against that specific offense with this specific gameplan.

I love that they can shut down a team so fully like I said they would, the way I said they would, but no…I’m the one whose wrong.

ok.

cool.

good look for you
Do Gabe Davis now...

:sarcasm:

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
I’d love Hyde to play this week…have our safety duo making sure Hill and Waddle don’t get behind the defense.

I am not worried about Hill and Waddle getting behind the defense with or without Hyde/Dane. McDermott and Frazier will make sure that doesn't happen.

What I AM worried about is Hill and Waddle getting immediate separation and turning 5 yard receptions into much bigger plays (see what Burks did early last night). Hill's done that to us in the past.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA

ok.

cool.

good look for you

People being absent from a blowout of that magnitude doesn't matter at all. We were also quite helped by Lewan (their best O-lineman, hands-down) going out.

There is ZERO way we were better off without Oliver last night. None. With the pressure that Oliver provides up the middle (which is where the Titans' O-line is weakest, by the way)........that first drive might not even happen. It could very well have been a shutout given everything else.

Sansbacon

Sep 26, 2006
Westchester, NY
I am not worried about Hill and Waddle getting behind the defense with or without Hyde/Dane. McDermott and Frazier will make sure that doesn't happen.

What I AM worried about is Hill and Waddle getting immediate separation and turning 5 yard receptions into much bigger plays (see what Burks did early last night). Hill's done that to us in the past.
Exactly this. Hill, especially, has done this to us so many times. Tua’s going to be feeling pressure all game, so he’ll be looking to chuck-a-duck right off the snap. It’s a legitimate concern.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Exactly this. Hill, especially, has done this to us so many times. Tua’s going to be feeling pressure all game, so he’ll be looking to chuck-a-duck right off the snap. It’s a legitimate concern.

If McDaniel is smart (and I think he is), he's going to game plan a LOT of quick-hitting routes. Like 3-step drop, BAM, ball's out.

It's going to be a chess match. Does Frazier then plan for that and not have the line pin their ears back and instead play to get in Tua's passing lanes?

Obviously, I am completely unconcerned with our offense against their D -- Allen is the Dolphins' Daddy.

I forsee a shootout coming. I think we come out on top.....but it's going to be close.

Reactions: Sansbacon

whiplash

Jan 6, 2006
NYC
🤷‍♂️ That's where Elam's press will help, plus the fact that Rousseau's arms are like 6 feet long, the elite edge setting, and the absolute chaos the middle of the line creates... I'll be shocked if Tua has more than 1.5 seconds to even find a dump off through a forest of arms. That O-line is bad.

I get it, every given Sunday, but also f*** humility, we're fans not players. Every other team should be pencilling in Ls the week they see the Bills on the sched. ESPECIALLY the Dolphins

SwordsgoneWild

WhenyougazeintotheabysstheBuffaloSabresgazeback
Mar 6, 2011
Lake Worth,Fl
That is so enormously stupid it makes me question being a Bills fan.
Exhibit B on why i dont identify as a member of BillsMafia.

Going to go lurk over at Finhaven ( not post or troll,just observe. Curious how they view their team so far)

Hmm apparently one poster over there seems to think we intentionaly target their players to injure

Funny i seem to recall Kiko trying to decapitate Allen when he was already on the ground sliding and touched as kiko launched himself at Allens head well after the play was about to be concluded. Oh and lets not forget good ol Landry targeting Aaron Williams head with a vicious hit that pretty much ended his career. That posters Glass house must have an arsenal of hypocritical stones he tosses

chrome_screenshot_1663695284215.png

Last edited:

yahhockey

Jan 23, 2013
Things are going well however the league is only through week two. The team must remain focused on the goal

FcdfL4iXwAcBB6b

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse

ok.

cool.

good look for you

Who is saying you’re wrong? you’re the one trying to pull an “I told you so” despite everyone saying before the game missing Oliver doesn’t mean the game will be impacted

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
If McDaniel is smart (and I think he is), he's going to game plan a LOT of quick-hitting routes. Like 3-step drop, BAM, ball's out.

It's going to be a chess match. Does Frazier then plan for that and not have the line pin their ears back and instead play to get in Tua's passing lanes?

Obviously, I am completely unconcerned with our offense against their D -- Allen is the Dolphins' Daddy.

I forsee a shootout coming. I think we come out on top.....but it's going to be close.
TUFA does not have the throw accuracy on dhort timing throw to a spot routes

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
My concern, same as last year, is without a reliable run game it's going to be harder to close out tougher games. Zack Moss does look better than last year, so hopefully he and Singletary can provide a bit of a balance and we can get more runs in there.
I think the running game has looked far better than it did last season. They're not relying on Allen to run & they are putting up respectable yardage per play. It's never going to be elite but it doesn't need to be.

Mike McDermott

blah blah blah
Apr 23, 2006
Lockport
I really think the Miami game comes down to defense on both sides.
Can our defense prevent their speedsters from getting behind them or can our line get to Tua fast enough to make it not matter because he has to get the ball out fast enough?
Can their defense do enough to slow down what has been a pretty dominant offense so far?
We’ve allowed an average of 215 yards a game, 149 passing/66 rushing.
Miami has allowed an average of 372 yards a game, 255.5 passing/116.5 rushing.
Playing Baltimore in week 2 with Lamar’s rushing ability and how they use him skews those for Miami a little I think.

I don’t think Miami can stop us from putting up 30+ and I trust we can keep them sub 30. I think they’ll get their looks and a few TDs and will be a good test for us and possibly the biggest of the season so far but I don’t see them slowing down our offense enough and I also don’t see is taking our foot off the gas or having the critical errors that Baltimore did to let them back in the game.

I’m going to make an early prediction of 34-24 Buffalo.

Reactions: brian_griffin

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
As someone who has Allen & Diggs on their fantasy team, I hope Baltimore's pass defense doesn't get any better between week 2 and week 4.

:laugh:

I really think the Miami game comes down to defense on both sides.
Can our defense prevent their speedsters from getting behind them or can our line get to Tua fast enough to make it not matter because he has to get the ball out fast enough?
Can their defense do enough to slow down what has been a pretty dominant offense so far?
We’ve allowed an average of 215 yards a game, 149 passing/66 rushing.
Miami has allowed an average of 372 yards a game, 255.5 passing/116.5 rushing.
Playing Baltimore in week 2 with Lamar’s rushing ability and how they use him skews those for Miami a little I think.

I don’t think Miami can stop us from putting up 30+ and I trust we can keep them sub 30. I think they’ll get their looks and a few TDs and will be a good test for us and possibly the biggest of the season so far but I don’t see them slowing down our offense enough and I also don’t see is taking our foot off the gas or having the critical errors that Baltimore did to let them back in the game.

I’m going to make an early prediction of 34-24 Buffalo.
I think the boat racing continues.

Bills 35 Phins 14

Reactions: Mike McDermott

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008

With the injuries in the secondary- I say start with rushing 4. If they can generate pressure, then Tua will crumble. He struggles to throw on the run. He's still learning consistency with those deep passes. And if we're not blitzing- we'll be better prepared for those quick/intermediate routes and screens that Tua is good at hitting.

Really, really hoping Oliver and Hyde are good to go. We need that pressure up the middle, though it's encouraging to see Rousseau get a sack up the middle last night. Oliver is a menace. He wreaks havoc up the middle.

Also, this was funny:

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Also, I was at the game last night. I went to get a beer just before opening kickoff, and as I was approaching the tunnel to go back to my seat- I was hit with a heavy gust of wind from the energy inside the stadium. It was wild.

I'll say Allen's throw to Diggs where he pumped it, then side armed it like 20 yards- was insane to see live.

Bruce Smith talking about the Tops shooting and pretty much saying 'f*** racism' had everyone in my section cheering hard. Was awesome to see the community come together over such a tragic situation.

Also, second game in a row that Ive. been to where our fans were leaving early. The last one was the Pats playoff game. I remember doing that 10 years ago, but back then we were getting whooped- now we're giving out the whoopings.

The drive back to Rochester was awful. 90 had a ton of construction. We left later around 1145 to avoid traffic, and it still took almost 3 hours to get home. That was rough.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
I think the running game has looked far better than it did last season. They're not relying on Allen to run & they are putting up respectable yardage per play. It's never going to be elite but it doesn't need to be.
Last night was a breath of fresh air regarding Allen running. I only saw him run once. Other than that- he dominated with his arm.

The running game seemed horrible until the starters were pulled. I only remember 1 good run from each of Moss and Singletary the entire game. I know we hardly ran, but the times we did didnt seem to go anywhere. I was pretty hammered, so maybe Im just not remembering correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad