OT: The all encompassing HFSabres music thread with no rules (as long as it’s music posted)

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
A few years ago, I had an amusing musical experience a few years ago. I dozed off listening to something (this song...):

...and woke up to this:

I joked with my daughter that apparently I woke up able to speak Faroese.

For those who watch The Last Kingdom, Eivor is the vocalist to a bunch of the music on the show, including the theme and a brief appearance. I was amused to find the show through her rather than the other way around.

KiwiGriff

It’s a Bloody Business Bates!
Dec 29, 2019
Porirua
New Gizz single for the album that's coming out soon
I’d forgotten that the fair people of these boards had good taste in music, but I’m pleasantly surprised to see someone bring up King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard. Infest the Rats’ Nest is an amazing album.

These two songs have been thrashed a lot by me this year:

Last edited:

KiwiGriff

Dec 29, 2019
Porirua
Also, Hybrid Theory is hands down one of the best albums of my childhood! I remember I wanted the intro of Papercut to be my "walk up" song in little league lol

So I’m guessing Papercut would be your goal song?

What would everyone else’s goal songs be? For years, this has been what I would’ve chosen for any sort of entrance/goal music for me:

Reactions: TheMistyStranger

CaliSabresfan24

Aug 21, 2021
San Jose,CA
So I’m guessing Papercut would be your goal song?

What would everyone else’s goal songs be? For years, this has been what I would’ve chosen for any sort of entrance/goal music for me:

Probably wouldn't be my goal song tho.. To me a walkup would be more serious sounding, like somewhat intimidating. A goal song would be more of a celebration type of vibe... If this make sense?

KiwiGriff

Dec 29, 2019
Porirua
Probably wouldn't be my goal song tho.. To me a walkup would be more serious sounding, like somewhat intimidating. A goal song would be more of a celebration type of vibe... If this make sense?
It does. I’d want a goal song to amp me up to score more. Or like with Fear Factory, it’d be metal just so everyone had to listen to it.

Reactions: CaliSabresfan24

Ralonzo

Я хочу!
Nov 6, 2006
Virginia
Since this thread seems to have started 50 shades of Gabriel, I'll play along with one of the singularly underrated tracks of his catalogue.

Ray Wilson got the gig of replacing Phil Collins but David Longdon (Big Big Train) was a finalist, taking some turns with Tony and Mike and seemed the perfect fit, but they went a different direction, maybe due to being the exact second coming of Gabriel. I'd have been intrigued to hear him on the old material since he had that raspy heft that is neither Phil nor Ray's milieu...

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
If we're going with Pete stuff - some of his former openers who I knew tangential to them being on previous tours of his include Ane Brun doing the Kate Bush parts and opening for him until her lupus got the better of her:

And then this from Jennie Abrahamson when she took over for Ane and made this from the PG tour:

Ane and Jennie working together:

And back further them working (with Linnea Olsson, the cellist in the first vid) doing Koop Island Blues (that Brun did with Koop back 20-ish years ago):

TheStorm

Sep 15, 2015
Pittsburgh,PA
Since people liked my King Gizz post thought I'd post a few songs and artists I'm listening to.

I Love Street Sects and I've been listening to them for a while now. Would love to catch them live at some point if it's possible.

Jai Paul is an artist i'm newer to. Shame he's only put a few songs officially after having a whole album leaked almost a decade ago.

Probably the most niche thing here. I have a pretty recent love for Vocaloid music that not everyone might like.

I’d forgotten that the fair people of these boards had good taste in music, but I’m pleasantly surprised to see someone bring up King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard. Infest the Rats’ Nest is an amazing album.

These two songs have been thrashed a lot by me this year:

I'm unfamiliar with either of those artists, but I'm digging the first one. The artistry and skill of the group is pretty apparent. I'll have to put them on my radar.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I'm always interested when acts I like collaborate. This one I found out later was nominated for a Grammy (not that I care) -

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Black Sands by Bonobo is an all-time favorite of mine

You didn't used to have that as an avatar here, did you?

This song is one of my favorites of all time:

And that album is amazing. Saw him a few months ago but instead of a live performance with his touring band, it was a DJ set. It was a make up date from one of the hurricanes rolling through.

You probably know the sample thing from "All in Forms" is also the background sample used in the Avalanches' "Because I'm Me"?

The sample track is from Six Boys in Trouble from 1959:

Then Bonobo uses it with a lot of repeat:

And this is the Avalanches use:

• Love
Reactions: TheMistyStranger

TheStorm

Sep 15, 2015
Pittsburgh,PA
I might have had it as my avatar. Wouldn't surprise me if I did use since I like the album so much. Might have to use the way back machine to check if possible. The Avalanches are also an artist I reverence for.

TheStorm

Sep 15, 2015
Pittsburgh,PA
It's around midnight where I live so I thought I'd post some relaxed and laid-back music for those who come across this thread.

Della Zyr is an up-and-coming Korean artist that should eventually make a name for themselves.

Yo La Tengo should need no introduction

TheStorm

Sep 15, 2015
Pittsburgh,PA
You didn't used to have that as an avatar here, did you?

This song is one of my favorites of all time:

And that album is amazing. Saw him a few months ago but instead of a live performance with his touring band, it was a DJ set. It was a make up date from one of the hurricanes rolling through.

You probably know the sample thing from "All in Forms" is also the background sample used in the Avalanches' "Because I'm Me"?

The sample track is from Six Boys in Trouble from 1959:

Then Bonobo uses it with a lot of repeat:

And this is the Avalanches use:

That's really cool that you know where the one sample is from. I don't listen to enough music that's pre-1970s. It's a big blind spot in my music-listening collection. I also don't really know too much about Six Boys from Trouble. I'll give them a go.

edit: Also I just noticed I added three posts back to back when I probably should've just done one. If a mod wants to merge them together I wouldn't mind. my bad.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
That's really cool that you know where the one sample is from. I don't listen to enough music that's pre-1970s. It's a big blind spot in my music-listening collection. I also don't really know too much about Six Boys from Trouble. I'll give them a go.

edit: Also I just noticed I added three posts back to back when I probably should've just done one. If a mod wants to merge them together I wouldn't mind. my bad.

It was only from listening to the two of them back to back by accident and having a "heeeeeey, what a minute!" moment that I went out to look up what the sample was.

Abraham de Lacy

Personally I'm just a song and dance man, with my feet firmly placed in seventies/eighties music. But there's great music from the nineties and 00s too. Whoever it was that posted that “Jimmy Eat World” song (edit: CaliSabresfan24) … thanks man, that was new to me, loved it! Now lets all put on our dancing shoes and check out this song by the immensely talented Swedish/Iranian girl Laleh:

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad