Player Discussion Victor Olofsson (2014, 181st) - Part II (Heading to UFA, Playing at the WCs)

OkimLom

May 3, 2010

Sam trolling VO? :laugh:

He needs to be more productive at even strength if he's going to keep his spot on the 1st line. He has 2 Even strength points out of 10. Reinhart has 6 out of 11 and Eichel 8 out of 17 points for comparison. He's consistently giving the puck over, more often than Reinhart and is not getting it back, especially with as little amount of time he is around the puck that's not good. It's one thing to give the puck over many times when you're around the puck consistently like Eichel is, it's another to waste your opportunities with the puck by turning it over when you're hardly around it. Needs to be better away from the puck.

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
I think VO is great and its only a matter of time before he starts scoring at ES...but how does he win Rookie of the Month with 10 points when Q.Hughes and Makar both have 10 pts as younger players on top of being defensemen?

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Sam Reinharts 2nd year had him score 17 goals with more then half on the PP. His 2nd+3rd full seasons saw 42 goals with exactly half at ES and half on the PP.

Give Olofsson some time. His shot and skill is way too good for him not to score 5 v 5 especially playing with the best player on the team and another top liner and 3rd best offensive talent.

VO (along with Dahlin) has been very cold lately. Maybe the long break rejuvenated him and he starts back on a hot streak. I think VO will score 5 goals in November out of the 14 games. Which is still a great pace.

Goathead

Jan 28, 2015
Niagara Falls, ON
Olofsson deserves some praise. He’s been much better as of late at both ends. I’m impressed with his ability to win puck battles and puck movement. Definitely not just the sniper he was at the beginning of the season. If he keeps improving like this it would be huge for us.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
I enjoy the workman mentality. Never too excited. He can rip it over some poor goalie's shoulder and you wouldn't know he scored if his teammates didn't come over to congratulate him. Keep that chip on your shoulder, Vic.

Funny that you post this today as this is exactly what happened. Devils broadcasters didn't know it was a goal for like 5 whole seconds after.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Funny that you post this today as this is exactly what happened. Devils broadcasters didn't know it was a goal for like 5 whole seconds after.

In their defense, it did seem that he had managed turn the puck into its component atoms.

Reactions: Ralonzo

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
I think VO is great and its only a matter of time before he starts scoring at ES...but how does he win Rookie of the Month with 10 points when Q.Hughes and Makar both have 10 pts as younger players on top of being defensemen?

Well I saw that coming, with a shot like his it was only a matter of time. However what I didn't see coming is his ability to win puck battles..hes winning them more often than not now.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
Probably my new favorite Sabre outside of Eichel, dude is just cold-blooded. Really nice to see him come into the NHL at 24, put the league on notice with his shot, then quickly get comfy and figure out the rest of his game. I'm pumped to see how his season/career go from here, complete gem of a player.

Royal Thunder

Frolunda Mode
Feb 21, 2012
Well I saw that coming, with a shot like his it was only a matter of time. However what I didn't see coming is his ability to win puck battles..hes winning them more often than not now.
This bears repeating... his ability to win puck battles at his size is really, really impressive.. and it's grown leaps and bounds since October. I saw him outmuscle two guys for a puck in one of the recent games. That kind of improvement in a short time span is really encouraging. He's vastly outplayed Sam since they got home from Sweden.

Oh yeah, and he legitimately has one of the best shots in the world. Quickly becoming one of my favourite Sabres, he's such a weapon and his nonchalance is so damn cool when he scores. As the kids say, he is dripping swag.

Last edited:
Reactions: IlikeEich

Uberpecker

Mar 3, 2011
Still no idea where that puck went on his goal vs. the Devils. Probably entered some wormhole or something.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad