Buffalo Bills Week 16: Bills at Pats -- Division on the line

Status
Not open for further replies.

valet

obviously adhd
Sponsor
Jan 26, 2017
buffalo
i don’t understand why the nfl just doesn’t shut down until after the new year. it’s so dumb to keep playing. half of the teams in the league are now unrecognizable due to players on the covid list

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
Because that would lose them money and money is the only concern that the league has.

well, to be fair, can anyone make the argument that what is going on with covid is a health concern to the players? It appears to be essentially only asymptomatic and very mild cases. It’s a strange strain right now

it’s a tough situation. I’m not really blaming the nfl for anything

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
Would love for Jake Kumerow to come out of nowhere and ball out in the Davis role. Really hope they don't think plugging Sanders in at WR2 coming off a knee injury would work, he's just not dynamic enough anymore
I think they will use Kumerow because he blocks so well

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
well, to be fair, can anyone make the argument that what is going on with covid is a health concern to the players? It appears to be essentially only asymptomatic and very mild cases. It’s a strange strain right now

it’s a tough situation. I’m not really blaming the nfl for anything
Yes, I’d say we can make that argument that it’s a health concern seeing as 2 Buffalo bills were in the hospital with covid (one just got out) and a 3rd missed the entire 2020 season after a mild case of covid gave him myocarditis.

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
So, why is anyone mad that Beasley and Davis got Covid, and they’re unvaccinated?

The vaccine doesn’t prevent you from catching it or passing it.

Had each been vaccinated, it wouldn’t change anything in the current situation.
They'd miss one one week not two if they were vaxed.

Reactions: Der Jaeger

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
So, why is anyone mad that Beasley and Davis got Covid, and they’re unvaccinated?

Aside from the different rules, the vaccine does actually make it less likely to get the virus as well. It's not as strong as the effect on preventing serious illness, but it does exist. You can't say Davis and Beasley definitely wouldn't have gotten it if they were vaccinated, but the chance is certainly there, especially if they had gotten it in training camp when other guys were getting it.

valet

obviously adhd
Sponsor
Jan 26, 2017
buffalo

the vaccine actually does prevent you from infection quite significantly, but it obviously doesn’t offer complete protection. otherwise, there would be no breakthrough cases.

the things that i get hung up on with the un vaxxed players are:

1.) you’re hurting your team
2.) your job is to run around bashing your head back and forth, risking grave bodily injury in just the normal course of the sport, and then you’re afraid of getting a vaccine that has been proven both safe and effective countless times over? just seems totally absurd to me that this is even a thing

Old Navy Goat

Apr 24, 2003
Pattaya Thailand aka adult Disneyland
the vaccine actually does prevent you from infection quite significantly, but it obviously doesn’t offer complete protection. otherwise, there would be no breakthrough cases.

the things that i get hung up on with the un vaxxed players are:

1.) you’re hurting your team
2.) your job is to run around bashing your head back and forth, risking grave bodily injury in just the normal course of the sport, and then you’re afraid of getting a vaccine that has been proven both safe and effective countless times over? just seems totally absurd to me that this is even a thing
Where are the decade long studies to prove exactly how safe and effective it just happens to be? They're cramming an experimental drug and its boosters onto the world's population. One of Pfizer big wigs said vaxxed and boosted isn't showing close to 95%, 'Heels Up' at a press conference said the vast majority of hospitalizations and deaths were vaxxed but you should get it anyways.

I'm not antivax, I was vaxxed and then got 2 pens in the chest for a reaction so no booster ever for me. What I find interesting is the rates of infection is much higher in vaxxed countries than those with low vax rates. Could be lack of testing like how the slums have zero infection though unmasked and living on top of each other, whilst HighSo has cases left and right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad