Injury Report: 2014-15 Injury Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

mighty Stanley Duck

Feb 1, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Walking and even running on a torn ACL is fine. As long as the muscles and other supporting soft tissue are good. I ran a marathon on a partially torn ACL and it was fine. Even after I completely tore it, I still ran shorter distances. Once the swelling went down after the initial injury, I had very little pain. The only time it hurt was went my knee popped out and that hurt like ****, but for only a few minutes and then it was fine. I also have off and on problems with my medial menicus and patella tendonitis that sometimes can be more painful than when I had a torn ACL.

Whatever is wrong with CP's knee, I hope he will be ready for Sunday and if he plays, I hope it really is ok enough to play on.
You cant compare running and hockey. In hockey there is lots of direction changes, accelerating, stop and go movements, boards battles in which your knee is constantly banged up by the others...i really cant imagine how is possible to play on high level with this kind of injury. As i said it, this really blows for us. I was so pumped up for our SC run this year, and now this happens. This is huge deficit for us. :(

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
It's worth noting that skating in a hockey game puts a lot more lateral strain on your knees. It's unavoidable. A better comparison, in regards to running, would be like playing a football game. You aren't just going in a straight line, and when you're stopping or cutting hard on the ice your own body weight and momentum is working against you. That's one of the reasons you need to have such a powerful core/legs playing at a high level.

la patineuse

Aug 21, 2010
You cant compare running and hockey. In hockey there is lots of direction changes, accelerating, stop and go movements, boards battles in which your knee is constantly banged up by the others...i really cant imagine how is possible to play on high level with this kind of injury. As i said it, this really blows for us. I was so pumped up for our SC run this year, and now this happens. This is huge deficit for us. :(

I wasn't comparing running to hockey. I was agreeing with Paul that you can't tell how bad a knee injury is, particularly an ACL injury, by how badly or well someone is able to walk or even run.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
He looks like he's skating injured, doesn't he?

He certainly does to me, although he's better than in Game 5. Id be interested to get a decent picture to where we could see if he had a brace on it. No brace would make me feel a lot better about things going forward.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Perry has always had an awkward stride, but that definitely looks abnormal even for him.

pesko

Sep 14, 2004
I think it's safe to say that Perry will not be 100% for the rest of the playoffs, but neither will many others from both Ducks and Hawks rosters, who have yet to be disclosed injuries. We'll see how he is when the puck drops on Sunday, until that it's just conjecture on our part.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
No-one knows, and a team isn't going to release injury information while still being in the playoffs.

So your guess is as good as anyones right now.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Is Cogliano okay? I saw that he seemed to favor something after one of the whistles. Almost like he stepped awkwardly. He was wincing on his way back to the bench. Then I saw him talk to the trainer and walk to the locker room. I know he missed at least one shift after that. Anyone hear anything on him?

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
Is Cogliano okay? I saw that he seemed to favor something after one of the whistles. Almost like he stepped awkwardly. He was wincing on his way back to the bench. Then I saw him talk to the trainer and walk to the locker room. I know he missed at least one shift after that. Anyone hear anything on him?

Pretty sure I read that he was just dealing with cramps.

Ducks Nation*

Mar 19, 2013
So, where are the two additional injury reports BM said he would release a week ago? He did say he would tell us in a week.

Birdies said Getzlaf has a fractured foot and Hampus has a separated shoulder, not confirmed though... I think they would have announced the injuries by now if they were going to so I guess its a mystery.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Birdies said Getzlaf has a fractured foot and Hampus has a separated shoulder, not confirmed though... I think they would have announced the injuries by now if they were going to so I guess its a mystery.

Yeah, I remember you "leaking" them and another source too. But BM said he would tell us about two more in a week's time. I'm trying to hold his feet to the fire.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Technically he invited the reporters to ask him again in a week, and then he'd tell. Knowing our media coverage like he does, I'm sure he knew the injury news would be forever safe.

Yeah, you're right. I just listened again. He weaseled his way out by saying "If you ask me again in a week there's two others 'll tell you about."

He also mentioned Thompson was going for an MRI and they'd find out more on him. Of course we've never heard about how that turned out either.

Maybe Stephens will get around to it all sometime this summer. :popcorn:

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
Technically he invited the reporters to ask him again in a week, and then he'd tell. Knowing our media coverage like he does, I'm sure he knew the injury news would be forever safe.

Elliot Teaford asked him today or maybe asked the Ducks PR department, and they said they had no injury news to report as of now. Too lazy to find/post the tweet but it's there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad