Injury Report: 2014-15 Injury Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bender66

Send in the clowns
Oct 4, 2008
SoCal
He needs to stop having babies. Too much thrusting can cause hernias ...

Kind of surprised he's not having surgery, I guess it depends on where the hernia is located.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
This is why one should never definitively proclaim that players are not hurt just because they're playing.

Kudos to him for not using it as an excuse.

Getzmonster

Jul 24, 2014
He lazied his way through it. No heart, that one.

Yep, hopefully his leadership makes a 100% recovery. :sarcasm:

I can't believe people doubted that guy, he was so obviously playing through something significant.

[edit] lol - just caught the wang change... er, name change.

TheJoeMan

In Bob We Trust
Thompson is going to be out at least four months I think and that's a best-case scenario. I can't think of a player who had shoulder surgery that didn't require at least four months recovery. I mean that puts him at around the start of the season but even then player's with shoulder surgery aren't the same for a while. Well this is Chris Wagner's chance for sure.

So much for the fractured ankle with Getzlaf. This makes more sense. I mean it's amazing he was playing through a hernia but you can't play on a fractured ankle, at least not the way he was playing. And nothing about Lindholm so I think it's safe to say those insider reports were totally false.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
So the fractured ankle is a myth? Hernia makes more sense the way he was skating. He already had surgery for the same thing after 08-09, for the experts out there why would he not need surgery this time?

which is why the organization needs to ease his workload, i don't want to see him killing penalties nearly as much next year

I agree he doesn't need to be killing penalties so much.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
If Getz truly has a sports hernia, and is not having surgery, I'm not feeling so great about next season. That's not an injury with a good track record (in the NHL) of healing itself. Players always try it and it seems, more times than not, they end up having surgery later. I hope he isn't trying to prove he is some kind of tough guy by refusing the surgery now.

Opak

Nov 28, 2014

I think this guarantees that Bob is on the market for a depth C. Wouldn't mind a veteran 3C on a short contract, Fisher on a 1 year deal would fill that role perfectly. I think Legwand could be had from Ottawa as well, he only has 1 year remaining at $3 million AAV.

TheJoeMan

In Bob We Trust
This really sucks. I'm encouraged that he can step back into the lineup and not miss a beat once he heals seeing how well he played with the injury to begin with. But players usually take a while to get back up to speed after shoulder surgery. This is a tough blow. Definitely Rakell and Wagner's time to shine. Don't know if Murray will go after any short-term help considering you have to do something with that player once Thompson is healthy. Unless Rakell or Wagner get moved to the wing in that instance. Should be interesting.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Seems like Getzlaf is always hurt in the post season, why does he PK again? lessen his load.

Yeah, I thought that was a big reason we got Kesler, to lighten Getz's load. Instead he plays every situation and is falling apart at the end of the season, again. I'm getting tired of seeing that. :shakehead

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Yeah, I thought that was a big reason we got Kesler, to lighten Getz's load. Instead he plays every situation and is falling apart at the end of the season, again. I'm getting tired of seeing that. :shakehead

Winnik was our top PK guy last year. He, Bonino, and Koivu were 1, 3, and 5 in SHTOI. They replaced Bonino and Koivu. This one is on BM, not BB, for only replacing 2 of the top 5 PK guys.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Winnik was our top PK guy last year. He, Bonino, and Koivu were 1, 3, and 5 in SHTOI. They replaced Bonino and Koivu. This one is on BM, not BB, for only replacing 2 of the top 5 PK guys.

I really have to wonder how it seems the coach and GM are constantly on different wave lengths. Imagine how good this team could be if the coach and GM approached the game the same way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad