Injury Report: 2015-16 Injury Report "He Could Have Played if Needed" edition.

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009
when are we going to start resting our guys.. getz/perrs/kes should all start sitting out games

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009
i wonder if thats enough rest.. the main goal should just be to get in with everyone healthy. against colorado this year and the injuries we've suffered I really dont' want ot play any of our key guys lol

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
You don't want to rest them too much though, it doesn't take long to get rusty. 1-2 games is ideal.

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
During the game vs Avs Hayward said that maybe all of injured players will be available for game 1?
Is that true?

They said that all of our injured guys COULD be available for game 1. Knowing our organization, this could mean nothing at all.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Perron playing game 1 seems extremely optimistic to me. His timeline was 4-6 weeks, and playing game 1 would put him just over 3 weeks I believe.

Since we've heard nothing about Pirri, I find it hard to believe he'll be ready as well.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Game 1 is way more than 3 weeks since injury

I was off a bit, but 5 days is not "way more".

Regardless, when a timetable of 4-6 weeks is given, 3 weeks and 5 days is very optimistic, which was my point.

I want Perron back as much as anyone, but I don't think you'll see him for at least the first game or two, if not more. I think it's more posturing on the Ducks side to make it more difficult on the Preds to game plan.

Norduck

youllneverquackalone
Feb 9, 2015
CA
Anyone else kinda hoping BM just Sourays Stoner next season? Seems like he can't stay healthy anyways.

la patineuse

Aug 21, 2010
They said that all of our injured guys COULD be available for game 1. Knowing our organization, this could mean nothing at all.

Based on today's interview with GMBM, aside from Vatanen, Gibson and Kesler, it all meant nothing. Why do I even bother to hope we get anything but misinformation from this team when it comes to injuries?

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
It's hard to read much into "he's probable for the series".

Based on those comments, it sounds like Vatanen, Kesler, and Gibson are fine for game 1.

I'm happy with the news about Perron, although I still don't think it's a lock for game 1. The most disappointing news out of all of that is the Rakell news. Sounds like he's not a lock for game 1. The most surpsing news is the Stoner and Bieksa news.

Shockingly, this could mean we see a lineup with all of Theo, Vatanen, Fowler, and Lindholm in it.

Will be interesting to see how he does his pairs.

190Octane

Jun 28, 2002
Fullerton, CA

I'm definitely not a doctor but I have had a stress fracture in my foot before. Typically a stress fracture is caused by repeated stress which is why they mention runners, basketball players, and dancers. Mine was from doing plyometrics without the right type of footwear.

What it's more likely he has is either a bone bruise which can be painful or an actual fracture. I got a bone bruise from getting hit on my skate by a puck and the pain was bad enough that I went and got an x-ray a week after. He can play through it but it's not going to tickle.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
I'm definitely not a doctor but I have had a stress fracture in my foot before. Typically a stress fracture is caused by repeated stress which is why they mention runners, basketball players, and dancers. Mine was from doing plyometrics without the right type of footwear.

What it's more likely he has is either a bone bruise which can be painful or an actual fracture. I got a bone bruise from getting hit on my skate by a puck and the pain was bad enough that I went and got an x-ray a week after. He can play through it but it's not going to tickle.

Bone bruises are an absolute *****. Not only can they hurt more, but they take forever to heal.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Hazy, so ''all Ducks will be ready for game 1'' - seriously?

So looks like we have to forget about Bieksa, Holzer, Pirri and Stoner for a while. Despres and Manson are what we have left from ''tough D''.

If Rakell and Perron are back soon, then

Santorelli-Getzlaf-Stewart
Cogliano-Kesler-Silfverberg
McGinn-Rakell-Perry
Garbutt-Thompson-Wagner/Horcoff

Fowler-Despres
Lindholm-Manson
Theodore-Vatanen
---
And with Perron:
Perron-Getzlaf-Stewart
Cogliano-Kesler-Silfverberg
McGinn-Rakell-Perry
Garbutt-Thompson-Wagner/Horcoff

-
Theo-Vatman pair is a bit worrisome if they are put together. I mean they should be sheltered a bit, there is tremendous offensive potential but i`d not like to get them trapped in their own end vs Johansen-Neal.
On the other hand this is an opportunity for Theodore to break out. Fowler was tremendous at the end of his first year - which was Nashville too ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad