Injury Report: 2021-22 Injuries and Covid List Thread

anezthes

Mar 20, 2014
Did I miss something or didn't Meier duck a hit by Lundeström which caused the injury?

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
I also think Gibson is pretty entitled.

FiveHoleTickler

Sponsor
Sep 21, 2018
Are you OK with this?

You mean, if that were really the case? Probably not. It's a fine line though. As a coach, you don't want to piss off your star players because it could mean your job. You'd probably also have to weigh if the GM would agree with you or not.

I'm sure there are a litany of other factors as well.

Deuce22

Jun 17, 2013
SoCal & Idaho
You mean, if that were really the case? Probably not. It's a fine line though. As a coach, you don't want to piss off your star players because it could mean your job. You'd probably also have to weigh if the GM would agree with you or not.

I'm sure there are a litany of other factors as well.
Sure, I get this. But if I am Verbeek, and this really exists, things need to be cleaned up.

FiveHoleTickler

Sponsor
Sep 21, 2018
Sure, I get this. But if I am Verbeek, and this really exists, things need to be cleaned up.

Yeah, having a new GM come in and change things to make them right makes sense. Murray made it clear he wasn't happy when his players wouldn't play through injuries. Who knows if that's how Verbeek operates as well?

Looking at it from a macro perspective, one might assume players are always hurt. It just depends on the degree and that's often left up to them because it's based on how they feel, aside from extreme cases of course (you don't see anyone skating out there on crutches or with their arm in a sling).

snowave

Jan 7, 2012
Idaho
Just speculating - methinks Gibby's actually injured but refuses to give up the net.

The only injury Gibson has is in his head. Dude has tossed in the towel, like the rest of the team. Can't really blame him, but I'd be willing to bet that's what these short little stints of being "injured" are... is his checking out and not wanting to play. Easier to fake an injury than to say you don't wanna play when the team sucks as bad as they do.

FiveHoleTickler

Sponsor
Sep 21, 2018
Terry, Zegras, & Silfverberg are banged up and did not practice today. Only 3 forward lines practiced. All 3 as well as Getzlaf might not be out tomorrow, but Iceman says reinforcements from San Diego are likely.

Reactions: Ducks DVM

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Terry, Zegras, & Silfverberg are banged up and did not practice today. Only 3 forward lines practiced. All 3 as well as Getzlaf might not be out tomorrow, but Iceman says reinforcements from San Diego are likely.

Potentially no Zegras, Terry, Getz, Lundy, or Silf tomorrow? Plus, Sustr is on the roster now? Against Nashville in Nashville.

D7ABF23F-051F-42C6-8C4F-A7F8ED4AC524.gif

Last edited:

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
I won't even watch if that's the case. Maybe I'll go see Batman instead.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad