Injury Report: Cam Fowler

SoCalHockey

Jun 11, 2010
You can bet your ass the Oiler forwards will target our d. I have this bad feeling that Maroon will injure one of our top four.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Fowler is skating, Vats, Lindholm and Kesler aren't.

Great to hear Fowler is skating. Really hope the latter two are more maintenance than anything. Also hope Lindholm's wrist isn't even worse after game 4 than it already was.

Vatanen's issue sure is lingering for something that initially wasn't expected to keep him out too long.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
You can bet your ass the Oiler forwards will target our d. I have this bad feeling that Maroon will injure one of our top four.

This would be a good series for Ritchie to prove himself as a top emerging power forward in this league past "led the league in hits"

CrazyDuck4u

Oct 14, 2006
Great to hear Fowler is skating. Really hope the latter two are more maintenance than anything. Also hope Lindholm's wrist isn't even worse after game 4 than it already was.

Vatanen's issue sure is lingering for something that initially wasn't expected to keep him out too long.

Randy said Lindholm should be ready for game 1.. Kesler and Vatanen took maintenance days off. Fowler participated in a full practice.. I think they all should be ready for game 1..

CrazyDuck4u

Oct 14, 2006

If they do that, Than we run Larson.. Larson is the glue to that defense.. You take him out, that defense crumbles...

Amp30

Jan 27, 2014
If they do that, Than we run Larson.. Larson is the glue to that defense.. You take him out, that defense crumbles...
You're damn right. They know if they try and target our D, we will just target theirs right back

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Randy said Lindholm should be ready for game 1.. Kesler and Vatanen took maintenance days off. Fowler participated in a full practice.. I think they all should be ready for game 1..

He called them maintenance days, but normally you don't see maintenance days after being off 3-4 days in a row.

The Vatanen injury is the one I find most odd. He goes from game time decision to "definitely out" and now isn't practicing? He must have had some type of setback.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
He called them maintenance days, but normally you don't see maintenance days after being off 3-4 days in a row.

The Vatanen injury is the one I find most odd. He goes from game time decision to "definitely out" and now isn't practicing? He must have had some type of setback.

Like somee years ago Bonino had a ''flu'' and was out for a month or so :laugh:

I think we have to look at it like if Fowler is skating then it is ok. If Kesler is taking a day off (after already some days off) but was playing in the first round, then he will be good to go but has some injury bothering him. If Lindholm was skating on his own then he also obviously isn`t 100% or even far from that, but he was able to finish the series. He looked happy and positive in his instagram video yesterday though :laugh:
And if Vatanen is still not skating, he probably is still not ready.

But it might really be just extra rest for some and at this point it might be necessary. Have to follow who will skate the next few days as things should get clearer.

By the way we started to become good after that one free week in March or whenever it was. I hope we can improve a lot now as well

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
It's a shame Stoner can't get into the lineup as he's perfect for this big oiler team

I agree. I think Stoner adds an element to the defense that we sorely lack. I understand the hesitation on Carlyle's part since he hasn't played in forever. however, our team struggled with the Flames, who are not nearly as physical as Edmonton. That said, Stoner should replace Bieksa honestly. There is an argument that he should replace Theo as well, I agree (I know you believe that). However, he absolutely should not replace Montour.

Fowler-Manson
Lindholm-Vatanen
Stoner-Montour

This should be the defense no question.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I don't think there's any reason to bench Bieksa when he's actually playing well for once. We need to build Kev's confidence and keep him fired up. Not reward him by making him ride the bench.

I seriously cannot believe I just defended Bieksa.

91Fedorov

John (Gibson) 3:16
Dec 30, 2013
Yeah, if Bieksa keeps up what he is doing, then he is perfect for this series. He needs to stay in. That level of play is perfect for play-off hockey honestly. And I would also love to have Stoner available. His physicality would be great for this series and he always seems to give his best during the play-offs.

I would also agree that I want to see Montour stay in. In my mind, he has established himself as a regular. And a good one at that.

Our injuries are a bummer, but we really do have an enviable defensive situation.

ducks8

Mar 27, 2009
Riverside CA
Benching Bieska after the series he just had? Seriously? Not gonna happen, especially for a defenseman who hasn't played an NHL game in how long?

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Has Stoner even played an NHL game in 2017? Carlyle is not going to toss a guy out there that hasn't competed at this level in that amount of time for the most important games of the years. Especially when that player was a #6 before the injury. If he was an impact top 4 player then yeah you do it

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
I don't think there's any reason to bench Bieksa when he's actually playing well for once. We need to build Kev's confidence and keep him fired up. Not reward him by making him ride the bench.

I seriously cannot believe I just defended Bieksa.

Yeah, if Bieksa keeps up what he is doing, then he is perfect for this series. He needs to stay in. That level of play is perfect for play-off hockey honestly. And I would also love to have Stoner available. His physicality would be great for this series and he always seems to give his best during the play-offs.

I would also agree that I want to see Montour stay in. In my mind, he has established himself as a regular. And a good one at that.

Our injuries are a bummer, but we really do have an enviable defensive situation.

I totally understand the argument that Bieksa should stay in. IMO, one good playoff series doesn't make up irreplaceable in the lineup though. Montour should easily be in the lineup over him. As for the last spot, there's an argument for Stoner, Bieksa, and Theodore. Personally I prefer Stoner to the other two.

Benching Bieska after the series he just had? Seriously? Not gonna happen, especially for a defenseman who hasn't played an NHL game in how long?

Let's not kid ourselves. Bieksa could have went full Bieksa and he still wouldn't come out of lineup.

Ducksforcup

Jan 5, 2006
Irvine, California
Starting to think that Vats won't be ready by Game 1. Like a poster said earlier, he must have had a setback.

The days off for Kesler make total sense. Something is off with him no question. Have to hope the rest benefits everyone to a large degree. :)

Back to the topic at hand, Fowler's progress has been really extraordinary. Getting excited to have him back. :)

DaGeneral

Apr 15, 2012
Fowler paired with Montour according to Stephens. Vatanen also out there. Lindholm is not.

Fowler Montour
Lindholm Manson
Vatanen Bieksa

Best case scenario, for me ^

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Carlyle said Lindholm will be fine. He's probably just still resting his ailment.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Apparently Vatanen wasn`t as explosive or opportunitistic on the ice as Fowler today. And Lindholm is out. Sooo, the guy who bent his knee 3 and a half weeks ago is suddenly our most healthy top3 D?
Well I`m happy about Fowler obviously but the injuries just keep haunting us

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad