Kipper 17

Aug 11, 2006
Calgary, AB
Harley - Heiskanen
Lindell - Tanev
Suter - Hakanpaa
Lundkvist

That top 4 is so f***ing good
I was just thinking about this. At the start of the year, if you told me we would acquire Tanev, I would 100% expect that to be as Miro’s partner. I don’t think u can break up Miro and Harley now. Lindell-Tanev has to be one of the better tough minute eating pairs in the league.

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
Cole Brady sounds like some random guy Piqued would have covered in a GDT
I'm starting the deep dive on UMass as we speak... where I'm learning that Cole Brady is very much the backup... in his senior season. Devils wanted that reserve list slot. :laugh:

Reactions: Elysian

Zrhutch

Mar 26, 2013
Texas
Gotta wonder if they’re still big game hunting. The powder is completely dry and they can still play their LTIR card.

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
upgrade.png

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Another D upgrade would be nice, but there is 5 guys that will not be touched now.

Miro, Harley, Lindell, Tanev, and Suter. So do we move one of Hakanpaa/Lundqvist for a bottom pair RHD? Seems unlikely to me.

If they acquire another, I feel it'll be a spare-type guy. A better version of Hanley

But I hope I'm wrong and we get someone like Walker just for fun

Azzuri

Feb 6, 2017
Lyubushkin is bad I hope we dont go for him unless its for like a 4th round pick or some shit. Might be an upgrade from Hanley but thats about it.

Would love to see Hank pushed to the 7th D but we all know itll be Nils.

I'd be OK moving MIro to LD with Tanev and letting Harley run his own pair. That pairing hasn't been as good as people believe I think, especially defensively.

Jackattack030

Sep 29, 2020
Another D upgrade would be nice, but there is 5 guys that will not be touched now.

Miro, Harley, Lindell, Tanev, and Suter. So do we move one of Hakanpaa/Lundqvist for a bottom pair RHD? Seems unlikely to me.
Feel like Hakanpaa goes for salary relief or Lundqvist to regroup draft capital we have lost. Hard to see us keeping both.

starsfan86

Sep 27, 2006
Poor Nils gonna get shafted again lol. I’m fine with that if we acquire one more player, not for Hakanpaa tho.

Arkham32

Nov 9, 2012
What would an extension look like I doubt he ends up a pure rental either. Nothing in the pipeline for a RHD hopefully get him extended for a couple seasons as well.

2x3.5?

The Tourist

Jul 11, 2008
Need a bottom pairing dman that can skate and/or pass. A Suter-Hakanpaa pair is a disaster unless they play 8 minutes a night which won't happen. Hakanpaa can't pass and is one of the dumbest players ever to wear a Stars uniform. He pinches at the wrong time for a guy who is a stay home dman and he drifts out of his area too much. Suter can't skate and rivals Benn on laziness.

You can keep one of Suter and Hakanpaa but they will get caved in together. I would move Hakanpaa as long as it doesn't upset the Finnish mafia.

Frozen Failure

They got business in my hockey, and I hate it.
Nov 13, 2007
DFW
Poor Nils gonna get shafted again lol. I’m fine with that if we acquire one more player, not for Hakanpaa tho.

I mean, Nils now has no obligation to rush back from a concussion. Especially if they acquire another Dman.

Need a bottom pairing dman that can skate and/or pass. A Suter-Hakanpaa pair is a disaster unless they play 8 minutes a night which won't happen. Hakanpaa can't pass and is one of the dumbest players ever to wear a Stars uniform. He pinches at the wrong time for a guy who is a stay home dman and he drifts out of his area too much. Suter can't skate and rivals Benn on laziness.

You can keep one of Suter and Hakanpaa but they will get caved in together. I would move Hakanpaa as long as it doesn't upset the Finnish mafia.

Eh, I wouldn't call Suter or Benn lazy, Suter's old enough to be Satan's dad. and Benn is probably just falling apart ala most guys who survive 13 years in the league these days.

starsfan86

Sep 27, 2006
I mean, Nils now has no obligation to rush back from a concussion. Especially if they acquire another Dman.

Eh, I wouldn't call Suter or Benn lazy, Suter's old enough to be Satan's dad. and Benn is probably just falling apart ala most guys who survive 13 years in the league these days.
Yes no rush for sure. I just don’t want Hakanpaa playing in the postseason.

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
I'd be OK moving MIro to LD with Tanev and letting Harley run his own pair. That pairing hasn't been as good as people believe I think, especially defensively.
I'm going back and forth on this. We know Harley-Heiskanen can work in emergencies but shouldn't we at least find out if Miro-Tanev can vibe and get Miro on his strong side finally? Tanev is the prototype defender we've always dreamed about playing next to Heiskanen.

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH

Suter-Lundkvist actually wasn't terrible for a bit there.

Frozen Failure

They got business in my hockey, and I hate it.
Nov 13, 2007
DFW
I'm going back and forth on this. We know Harley-Heiskanen can work in emergencies but shouldn't we at least find out if Miro-Tanev can vibe and get Miro on his strong side finally? Tanev is the prototype defender we've always dreamed about playing next to Heiskanen.

Yeah but he's 34 and a UFA so lets not get too invested in 20-40 games of maybe magic here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad