Confirmed with Link: CHRIS TANEV TO DALLAS

roryjones

Oct 17, 2022
I could see why flames fans would not like this trade when ESPN had this as mock trade a couple hours before the trade.

Stars, Flames and Blue Jackets mock trade

• Dallas Stars receive D Chris Tanev (at 25% of salary)
  • Calgary Flames receive D Nils Lundkvist, 2024 first-round pick, 2024 second-round pick, retain 50% of Tanev’s salary
  • Columbus Blue Jackets receive 2025 fifth-round pick (NJ), retain 25% of Tanev’s salary — by Clarke

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
No shot he was going to play today, but Saturday seems like it should be easily doable not sure why they think it might not happen.

Reactions: starsfan86

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Yep Tanev never played on US team in the NHL . Going to take a bit .

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
its thursday

I get that, but they have made it happen in the past. Two full business days seems like it can happen to me, they also would have prepared the paperwork last night so its on the desk first thing today.

GHhbAJQXEAARlBX

Ratbath

Jul 3, 2019
Sounds like he will not be signing here from that. Probably just goes back to Calgary. Good move for them if they were sort of told where he wanted to go but will be back. Gotta get what you can

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
Sounds like he will not be signing here from that. Probably just goes back to Calgary. Good move for them if they were sort of told where he wanted to go but will be back. Gotta get what you can
That's alright, imo. Pure rental but he's what we need right now. Nice to see the team all in again.

This just tells me they've 100% seen people saying W3dg3wood and O3tt3r :sarcasm:

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
Guys have no idea whether they're going to re-sign or not until they experience the situation and see the offers. What is more rare is a traded-away rental player actually going back to the team who traded them no matter what platitudes they give at the time.

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
He also mentioned he wants to win, so resigning back with Calgary doesn't help that. Unless he signs a one year deal and gets traded at the deadline again

catters078

Jun 18, 2008
Australia
Thoughts on him pairing with Heiskanen or Harley?

From what I've read he plays best wheeling with a top puck mover that he can anchor.

Must be so tempted to play him with Heiskanen

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
I think they try Lindell to start, then the Suter/Hakanpaa pair gets dunked on constantly so they change to Harley - Tanev and Suter- Heiskanen so Miro can carry is dumb ass again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad