Confirmed with Link: CHRIS TANEV TO DALLAS

JeffP

had meat hello
Nov 30, 2010
holy crap, we didnt have to part with 3 firsts, a player and a prospect?

gotta check in with the main board to see if theres some confusion about the return :D

Dynamite Time

Where Is My Mind?
Jan 23, 2018
Austin, TX
Yeah but he's 34 and a UFA so let’s not get too invested in 20-40 games of maybe magic here.
May not be Tanev next season but if Miro gets a shot on his strong side with a solid RD Tanev and runs with it… could be a slap to the face of Nill saying get me a strong RD partner and this is what’ll be.

Reactions: piqued

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Nils sucks
I mean, part of the reason the Stars went D shopping for a top four guy is because Lundkvist has still failed to step up. We’re on season two of the team handing him a job wanting him to run with it. Last season, he completely wilted. This season, he’s struggled and is at best still just a warm body who is a bit better than Hanley. I have a hard time thinking he’s getting shafted when the team gifts him opportunity and sees him fail to take it.

catters078

Jun 18, 2008
Australia
I know people aren't sold on +- stat but to be +73 in last 4 seasons as a top 4 D man is quite strong.

Top 5 in blocked shots in last 4 seasons.

Only goal for the season was vs Dallas lol

Reactions: Magic Mittens

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
I mean, part of the reason the Stars went D shopping for a top four guy is because Lundkvist has still failed to step up. We’re on season two of the team handing him a job wanting him to run with it. Last season, he completely wilted. This season, he’s struggled and is at best still just a warm body who is a bit better than Hanley. I have a hard time thinking he’s getting shafted when the team gifts him opportunity and sees him fail to take it.

I think Nill was always going to add a Dman. He's not dumb, and he knows how bad our D got exposed by Vegas.

I also think Nils was starting to get better, and more consistent before he got hurt. He most likely won't be more then a lower end second pairing Dman, but I think he still has a future with us and I don't think he'll be traded. I trust him more then Hakanpaa, which may not say much lol

starsfan86

Sep 27, 2006
I thought he was pretty decent the last few games before he got hurt. But yeah, not consistent enough.

Frozen Failure

They got business in my hockey, and I hate it.
Nov 13, 2007
DFW

I think Tanev and Nils fill two entirely different roles on a team.

The void is defense, and not in a million years would I expect Nils to play the same game as Tanev. No one has run Nils right out of town.

The bigger issue is likely Hakanpaa's health and the deficiencies in his game in the same slot. Plus likely the deficiencies in Suter and Lindell's games.

He's young, cost controlled, and seems to be improving. In a pure 'win now' mode, he's not helping but Nill has to balance that with not falling apart in 2-3 years.

Last edited:

Ub the Bub

Feb 9, 2010
Did we actually manage to get Tanev by only giving up Grushnikov and picks?! What kind of jedi mind trick is this?

Reactions: Sports2

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad