F Adam Benák - Plzeň, Czechia (2025 Draft)

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
This kid is gonna be a really good player. Was impressed with his game against Finland today thinking he was an '06. Looked him up afterwards only to find out he was an '07. Really like his skill level.
He seems promising... Still small or a growth spurt? Eg. Did he noticeably look smaller than the others?

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
Some of Benák's (#9) shifts against Canada in a HGC prep game.

In my eyes, he looked incredible for an underage player who's also a head shorter than most players on the ice. The best Czech forward by a landslide in this game. I look forward to watching him during the actual tournament.

Good work:thumbu:
He was clearly our best striker. Which actually says a lot about the quality of the other forwards when they are a year older. It's very sad.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I think he’s definitely trending towards being a first round pick for 2025. He’s always looked better than all the 2006 forwards for Czech Republic as a player born in 2007. My main question for now is his height. How tall is he? If he ends up 5’10, I think he’s a first rounder, but right now he looks about 5’8 or 5’9.

Reactions: Goodman68

pgfan66

Jun 26, 2019
I think he’s definitely trending towards being a first round pick for 2025. He’s always looked better than all the 2006 forwards for Czech Republic as a player born in 2007. My main question for now is his height. How tall is he? If he ends up 5’10, I think he’s a first rounder, but right now he looks about 5’8 or 5’9.
Can’t know for sure but the average just-turned-16-year-old would definitely grow another inch.

macbowes

Aug 1, 2022
Victoria
He clearly thinks the game at a level above most of his peers here. He has pace and effort to his game, and was largely unperturbed by the physicality he faced. Good hands, although he didn't try many flashy dangles. He was passing well, able to sauce passes tape-to-tape in stride, or after a quick stop. His skating was decent, and was able to keep up with players a year older. He didn't have separation speed, but his agility is good, and he uses his feet to create and find open space and lanes. If he grows, this is going to be a massively improved area of his game, which could really take his game to another level. His shot is only okay, with nothing about it standing out in any way. Hopefully he can play a slightly more selfish game when he's not playing international.

He has star potential due to his IQ, and pace. If he can get stronger and bigger, he could elevate otherwise average aspects of his game into weapons.

Voodoozz

Czechmate
Feb 22, 2016
Pilsen
www.youtube.com
I put together some of Benák's most notable shifts from Hlinka. Aside from the Sweden game, he was by far the best Czech forward on the ice (10 points in 5 games in total). His skillset is exceptionally versatile, however his puck handling, agility and passing truly stand out. He's not shy away from board battles and is very good at fending off body contact when pressured. Last but not least, Adam is extremely fun to watch, he gives off Kane vibes, especially when on the half wall on the PP.

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
I put together some of Benák's most notable shifts from Hlinka. Aside from the Sweden game, he was by far the best Czech forward on the ice (10 points in 5 games in total). His skillset is exceptionally versatile, however his puck handling, agility and passing truly stand out. He's not shy away from board battles and is very good at fending off body contact when pressured. Last but not least, Adam is extremely fun to watch, he gives off Kane vibes, especially when on the half wall on the PP.

Wow! Watching that makes me think "Smooth Operator".

He seems to have brutal timing for his age. Almost like he let's the puck go in the exact right moment. That one assist against the U.S for an example. He holds the puck one half off a second longer or so, before he feels that his teammate is free and in a good position to score. And yes, he's right, his teammate scores.

A new favorite prospect for me besides top Finnish talents. Hope Flyers drafts him in the future. Imagine if he would pan out? Between Michkov and perhaps Tuomaala (will probably not become a NHLer, but has some big raw tools). Would be fun to witness a line with mostly skill and IQ, breaking that size barrier. There should always be an exception that breaks the rules.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad