F Adam Benák - Plzeň, Czechia (2025 Draft)

GettingYourMoms

Jun 6, 2018
So we are talking about him being a top 3-5 center in the NHL now? A bit hyperbole if you ask me. Lets just see first if he can grow into a respectable frame before making such predictions.
Nhl forwards are getting smaller, maybe nhl is actually shrinking to respectable size.

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
Not sure if I agree.. yet.

However... Anton (zarubas co commentator) referred to him as generational.
I am not worried at all about Benak's size now. He is strong on his skates and in the corners and his mobility and speed helps him too, also he is fresh 16yo playing against pros at one of the world's top hockey leagues. He has alot of time to gain an inch or two. I would say, he is best czech prospect since Jaromír Jágr and it is not even close, he makes guys like Voracek, Hertl, Necas, Pastrnak, Vrana look like amateurs, his two way game and all aroud skill is just ridiculous i would even say as a 16 yo center he couldn't be any more perfect. Though of 100+ point two way center is making me extremely excited. I think Misa is not at all guaranteed 1st overall pick, when center like Benák exist. Kid has offensive game of Gadreau and defensive game of Bergeron, he is crazy, crazy good!.

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
Not sure if I agree.. yet.

However... Anton (zarubas co commentator) referred to him as generational.
He is definitely generational by Czech standards, probably the most gifted Czech since Hudler, who was a prodigy, even though he had a rather 'average' NHL career.
If Benak was 5'11", he would be a nearly lock for top 3 draft position and a strong 1st overall candidate. With his undersized frame it's an uphill battle for him to reach those draft positions, but if there's a player who can make it big at the NHL level even with this slight frame, it's a player of Benak's talent, work ethic and mindset.

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
He is definitely generational by Czech standards, probably the most gifted Czech since Hudler, who was a prodigy, even though he had a rather 'average' NHL career.
If Benak was 5'11", he would be a nearly lock for top 3 draft position and a strong 1st overall candidate. With his undersized frame it's an uphill battle for him to reach those draft positions, but if there's a player who can make it big at the NHL level even with this slight frame, it's a player of Benak's talent, work ethic and mindset.
Curious how it all goes... Does he make extraliga? Does he make U20? Does he demoish U18 and Hlinka? There are a lot of potential great moments for him coming up this season.

For me the most exciting thing is that he's a C with a good backcheck! Even if he doesnt go top ten.. we need some C's with offence in the pipe.

I'm guessing I will be seeing a lot more of him in the next 2 seasons at a bunch of tourneys. At least I hope I do.

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
IMG_20230824_171630.jpg

Lets go Adam! First line today again, hopefully his teamates will finish those chances today lol

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
Tough game for Adam. Plzen played terribly today. He picked the penalty which led to a deciding goal of the game.

On the other hand he created three beautiful scoring chances, which sadly were not converted. One of then ended by a shoot on post by one of his teamates.

Overall he was not as impactfull as in the previous game, but still considering his age and size he showed he is already ready to play against adults, which Is amazing.

Voodoozz

Czechmate
Feb 22, 2016
Pilsen
www.youtube.com
Didn't have a chance to attend the game in person but here's a cut of Benák's shifts-

As @martygod12 pointed out, it was a tough game for Pilsen, but Adam still was one of the most impactful forwards on the ice. Set up several great chances, and surprisingly...none were converted:sarcasm:. A lot of great "small" veteran-like plays from him in transition/on defense. The penalty was unfortunate but it wasn't like it cost them a game. I'm pretty certain he's making the roster to start the regular season, he offers them way too much of a positive impact to be left out.

FourQuarters

Mar 31, 2022

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
Not to mention he is on 1st pp and now even on 5/3 lol, crazy
Plzen is the best NT development team by a country mile. The other clubs need to follow this lead. I noticed AH is wanting to reduce foreigners which is also a good step (if he actually follows through)

Reactions: Goodman68

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad