GDT: Free Agent Frenzy 2020 12PM EST

What does Florida do today

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
Not that we had one before that either lol.

I think there's way too much talk about this (especially by the media North of the border who traditionally aren't well connected to the Panthers), considering the only thing we know is that Weegar's agent filed for salary arbitration. Plenty of RFAs file for that every offseason and don't end up getting traded.

Weegar's agent could be trying to put pressure on Zito to get a longer contract done before the hearing, where he'll be awarded a 1 year contract and risk walking to UFA next year. Maybe for whatever reason, he doesn't want to sign longer than 1 year and intends to test the market next year.

Zito could be thinking between value now, value at the deadline, or Weegar as our own "rental" for the season. It's a tough call, but if you have an idea that Weegar isn't planning to stick around, this is a good time to find a replacement, especially at these prices for guys with term and money. Also how does Zito see Weegar? Is he a legit top pairing/top4 complementary guy to Ekblad, or someone who's just playing there because we didn't have a better fit available? Are his injury issues a concern, or something worth taking the risk?

Whatever it is, if Zito is truly shopping Weegar, he surely has his reasons and a plan in place to replace Weegar.

The injuries are the only angle that makes sense here. Otherwise I don't understand why they would let a homegrown talent leave from a position that's already a weakness on the team.

Sure, if there's an upgrade or a good deal to be made with a team that's in a cap crunch. But other than that, no thanks.

Reactions: Ratsreign

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Pardon my French, but Dwork knows jack shit when it comes to anything trade/UFA related and it's been proven year after year.

I'm tempted to blacklist him here if he doesn't break anything this offseason, his tweets are a waste of space. At least drunk Harvey brought comedy relief.
I mean I think Deork has a point

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Home run meaning Wennberg, Gudas, Vergheheuhue I guess

im not sure how this qualifies as a home run. These are guys with no history of scoring in this league. Wennberg in particular is a 4C who is about to be slotted as a 2C.

I get that there’s still time, but I don’t think we’re a playoff team with this question mark-laden forward group.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Pardon my French, but Dwork knows jack shit when it comes to anything trade/UFA related and it's been proven year after year.

I'm tempted to blacklist him here if he doesn't break anything this offseason, his tweets are a waste of space. At least drunk Harvey brought comedy relief.
lol chill

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
Is it? He's saying we're expecting to sign UFAs and Zito isn't leaking the info but what's already been accomplished is considered a job well done.
Yeah, like MF88 said.

It says there is expectation that moves are coming but insinuates that we already signed who we wanted so no more moves needed?? Idk maybe I’m trippin’

-ghoste

Pigge

Feb 28, 2002
Yeah, like MF88 said.

It says there is expectation that moves are coming but insinuates that we already signed who we wanted so no more moves needed?? Idk maybe I’m trippin’

-ghoste
There are 18 players on the roster, with a couple of RFA expected to sign. The expectation that they would add some more UFA and not completely rely on Tippett, Denisenko, Borgström and Keeper to fill the final spots is not especially controversial.

Reactions: RainingRats

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
There are 18 players on the roster, with a couple of RFA expected to sign. The expectation that they would add some more UFA and not completely rely on Tippett, Denisenko, Borgström and Keeper to fill the final spots is not especially controversial.

Obviously more will happen. Not just going to save the $14 mil.

-ghoste

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Eh I’m actually okay with our forward depth: we have six guys that would have scored 20 last year (Vat, Conn, Cookie, Huby, Horny, Barky) on our team and likely a 7th in Dady, Tippett has the potential to be the 8th. I expect Acciari to be more at 10, but we have some buy low guys who might add.

Everyone forgets that we didn’t have a legitimate second line last year after trading Troch and we might not ‘this year, but we essentially turned Hoffman and Haula into Wennberg, Hornqvist and Tippett

Maybe I'm trying to erase last season, but who the hell is Cookie? And what an awful nickname.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
im not sure how this qualifies as a home run. These are guys with no history of scoring in this league. Wennberg in particular is a 4C who is about to be slotted as a 2C.

I get that there’s still time, but I don’t think we’re a playoff team with this question mark-laden forward group.

They're not. But of course he has to sell them as that as a GM

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
I still think Dadonov will come back. I don’t think he’s getting the dollars he was expecting and definitely not the term given his age and the climate of things. I expect probably 2-3yrs at around 5per, hoff will probably go to the preds or something

Reactions: harv33173
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad