Confirmed with Link: Kyle Okposo For a Conditional 7th

1point21Gigawatts

hell's a gigawatt?
Apr 7, 2010
The future
Well intentioned Sabres fan coming in peace: good luck with the cup this year. If there is a player who deserves his name on lord Stanley, it’s Kyle Okposo! And hey, if tradition holds then you’re guaranteed a cup (like o’reilly and Eichel before him)

Last edited:

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
Well intentioned Sabres fan coming in peace: good luck with the cup this year. If there is a player who deserves his name on lord Stanley, it’s Kyle Okposo! And hey, if tradition holds then you’re guaranteed a cup (like o’reilly and Eichel before him)
What's his play like?

I know his production is decent for a 4th liner, but I read through your board and it seems like most people commenting on his actual on ice play are glad he's gone, The positive comments are almost exclusively about his character and work ethic rather than his actual on ice impact, which is obviously still valuable, but i am curious.

Reactions: Fearnot

Thewselius

Jul 24, 2003
Wish Lomberg had a similar player as him on the other wing (cough cough Lockwood). He's going to have to be the 3rd forward deep on that line. But I am happy with Okposo.

Reactions: BabyBennettov

1point21Gigawatts

hell's a gigawatt?
Apr 7, 2010
The future
What's his play like?

I know his production is decent for a 4th liner, but I read through your board and it seems like most people commenting on his actual on ice play are glad he's gone, The positive comments are almost exclusively about his character and work ethic rather than his actual on ice impact, which is obviously still valuable, but i am curious.
A lot of Sabres fans are ornery about everything lately. It’s been a tough decade for most of us. So take some criticisms with a grain of salt. Valid concerns for KO are mostly speed related. Not sure how quick Florida’s 4th line is, but Okposo skates in molasses. It can get really frustrating because the dude’s hockey iq is high. He constantly gets breakaway chances because he correctly reads the play, but his slow skating almost always kills the breakaway or odd man rush. KO can still score. He is not lighting it up a lot, but he has snipes. His character is outstanding. He did a lot for our young guys and the community. He went through a lot medically during his time here but he never stopped playing hard. He was overpaid (not his fault) and that immediately soured a lot of fans, but he will only make your team better. Unless he needs to skate fast…

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
A lot of Sabres fans are ornery about everything lately. It’s been a tough decade for most of us. So take some criticisms with a grain of salt. Valid concerns for KO are mostly speed related. Not sure how quick Florida’s 4th line is, but Okposo skates in molasses. It can get really frustrating because the dude’s hockey iq is high. He constantly gets breakaway chances because he correctly reads the play, but his slow skating almost always kills the breakaway or odd man rush. KO can still score. He is not lighting it up a lot, but he has snipes. His character is outstanding. He did a lot for our young guys and the community. He went through a lot medically during his time here but he never stopped playing hard. He was overpaid (not his fault) and that immediately soured a lot of fans, but he will only make your team better. Unless he needs to skate fast…

Can't score on the breakaway or odd man rushes?

He's most definitely a f***ing Panther lmao. He's perfect

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany

Okposo trade happend after Carolina who also go all in this Season added Kutznesov from WSH.
So this was like i have to add one more to be better and add more expierence Depth.

On the other Side i really thought, we dont trade at all, since the Team looks really great, how it was. But then the Injurys hit you, you still wanna try with Veteran expierence.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad