• Iginla

• Parekh

• Eiserman

• other (who?)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Celebrini, Demidov, Levshunov go 1-2-3 in my book. ANA wont pass on one of them.

I can see CLB taking Silayev after taking Fantilli last season. Although, Werenski and Mateychuk are LHD as well (Jiricek RHD)

CLB are still relatively deep at young forwards too: Fantilli, Marchenko, Voronkov, Chinahkov, Johnson, Sillinger

but yes if I had to bet a dollar, Id say they take Lindstrom. Him and Voronkov would be one monster duo.
None of those forwards except Fantilli are elite though and Voronkov already requested a trade. A lot of those guys are struggling to crack the lineup at 23 years old. Johnson also seemingly is being jerked around and may request a trade on top of having a major knee injury, so really they only have Fantilli as as definite building block. I can see them shying away from Russians due to how often they get burned, with Voronkov now being homesick and hating it there. Marchenko, Voronkov, and Chinahkov influencing anything would be like us saying we don't need a forward because we have Newhook.

Werenski is in that elite tier of D and Jiricek has that potential. Of all their forwards they have wrong-side-of-30 Gaudreau and Fantilli as elite-skill players. Mateychek is another potential elite D.

I don't think their scouts are the dumb type to bet on low-upside 6'7 players that literally never pan out like Arizona. Like Hedman is the only over 6'6 dman in the league who is more than a plug. Chara had once-in-a-generation commitment to fitness and improving. Before him there's Pronger. The common theme here is that a lot of these guys dominated their peers for years and went high in the draft. Silayev doesn't even put numbers up against U18 competition. Would you take a big Romanov top 5? Russia also completely lacks elite D and has for the longest time save a few like Markov or Gonchar. Their systems suck at creating good defensemen. Sergachev is the only Russian top pairing guy in the league and there's barely enough to make a competant top 4. Betting on KHL development systems for D is absolutely insanely dumb.

If anything I could see them reaching Buium if they're going for a D or Dickinson if they insist on a big guy. Parekh if they insist on a RD which would be a little silly with how many holes they have. Whether they're retooling or rebuilding Lindstrom makes a ton of sense for them. Simashev and But is looking pretty bad for AriUtah compared to what they could have grabbed. Columbus have not been a bad drafting team, and I'm sure most of Jarmo's guys are still there. I can't really criticize any of their recent first round picks as most are performing up to or greater than expected and compare well to guys drafted after or near them. The last real miss was Foudy but the three picks prior and after him are also nothing players.

Anyways yeah, Columbus have jack shit at forward. We would need two of Chicago, San Jose, and Anaheim to grab a D to have a chance at Lindstrom. Even then I think Columbus grab him over Demidov in that scenario. But we'll see, there's always a GM trying to outsmart everyone else and making huge mistakes.

Another year where we would have been much better off finishing 4th and will likely miss the first tier of forwards, and definitely will if a team passes us via the lottery.

Reactions: amnesiac

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
None of those forwards except Fantilli are elite though and Voronkov already requested a trade. A lot of those guys are struggling to crack the lineup at 23 years old. Johnson also seemingly is being jerked around and may request a trade on top of having a major knee injury, so really they only have Fantilli as as definite building block. I can see them shying away from Russians due to how often they get burned, with Voronkov now being homesick and hating it there. Marchenko, Voronkov, and Chinahkov influencing anything would be like us saying we don't need a forward because we have Newhook.

Werenski is in that elite tier of D and Jiricek has that potential. Of all their forwards they have wrong-side-of-30 Gaudreau and Fantilli as elite-skill players. Mateychek is another potential elite D.

I don't think their scouts are the dumb type to bet on low-upside 6'7 players that literally never pan out like Arizona. Like Hedman is the only over 6'6 dman in the league who is more than a plug. Chara had once-in-a-generation commitment to fitness and improving. Before him there's Pronger. The common theme here is that a lot of these guys dominated their peers for years and went high in the draft. Silayev doesn't even put numbers up against U18 competition. Would you take a big Romanov top 5? Russia also completely lacks elite D and has for the longest time save a few like Markov or Gonchar. Their systems suck at creating good defensemen. Sergachev is the only Russian top pairing guy in the league and there's barely enough to make a competant top 4. Betting on KHL development systems for D is absolutely insanely dumb.

If anything I could see them reaching Buium if they're going for a D or Dickinson if they insist on a big guy. Parekh if they insist on a RD which would be a little silly with how many holes they have. Whether they're retooling or rebuilding Lindstrom makes a ton of sense for them. Simashev and But is looking pretty bad for AriUtah compared to what they could have grabbed. Columbus have not been a bad drafting team, and I'm sure most of Jarmo's guys are still there. I can't really criticize any of their recent first round picks as most are performing up to or greater than expected and compare well to guys drafted after or near them. The last real miss was Foudy but the three picks prior and after him are also nothing players.

Anyways yeah, Columbus have jack shit at forward. We would need two of Chicago, San Jose, and Anaheim to grab a D to have a chance at Lindstrom. Even then I think Columbus grab him over Demidov in that scenario. But we'll see, there's always a GM trying to outsmart everyone else and making huge mistakes.

Another year where we would have been much better off finishing 4th and will likely miss the first tier of forwards, and definitely will if a team passes us via the lottery.

A 6'7" Romanov would be absolutely dominating. Every team in the league would pick a player like that high.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas

And we have a 44% chance of dropping to 6th and 14% chance of dropping to 7th.

rahad

Feb 3, 2016
montreal
Did we not have a similar thread a couple week ago? After the draft lottery (7 May), i can see another ''who will you pick at 5th for the Habs''.

Reactions: Habs13

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
I am in the Team Lindstrom camp. I think he will be the type of player Hughes will covet. Big, strong, mean and fast and a good scorer. Can make plays, good defensively and throws the body.

Last edited:

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Helenius or Lindstrom, even at 2nd OV for me, Demidov has had 2 serious knee injuries this year and his play style is injury prone, he skates through sticks and players, thats spectacular, but risky. He also needs to get stronger and the top speed is average for an average sized player.

Silayev is my top ranked D on a tier of his own, but we need offense, so he would be my 3rd option. I like Iginla, but I have him a tier below Helenius and Lindstrom since I think his upside is more limited.

that one vote for Silayev haha you know your votes are public right
He will likely look like a genius in 3 yrs from now, terribly underrated on HF.

Reactions: HankyZetts

BergevinBurner

Sep 27, 2019
I'd lean Lindstrom if our medical staff feels comfortable taking him, otherwise I'd lean Eiserman.

I wouldn't be upset with any of those guys though unless we pass on Demidov to take them.

Reactions: Rozz and Tyson

Matthew McConaughay

May 3, 2013
The Winnipeg first round pick is getting more interesting, if Colorado wins, where will that pick be ? I guess we will have to wait when the first round will be over.

Last edited:

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
The Winnipeg first round pick is getting more interesting, if Colorado wins, where will that pick be ?

At worst 27th. It only gets better if non-division winners below them in the standings make the Conference finals. For example if Edmonton makes the Conference finals that pick improves to 26th.

As a note if Colorado wins the 1st round and lose the 2nd round their draft pick is still better than Winnipeg’s pick.

Reactions: Matthew McConaughay

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
A 6'7" Romanov would be absolutely dominating. Every team in the league would pick a player like that high.
A 20 minute dman doesn't go top 5. They're found all throughout the draft in every round. You're not getting a PPG player outside of the first in most cases, and even more commonly they're only in the top 5.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad