GDT: Your New Jersey Devils vs. Toronto Maple Leafs, 7 PM, MSGSN2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Why would you get rid of everyone but keep sarge??
He's still fairly new on the staff, but so is Ryan McGill. I don't know enough about what Sarge does. They could pull the plug on him though.

I know McGill coaches the PK and defense, which struggled earlier in the year, but has been pretty decent overall.

Chris Taylor is going because he was Ruff's errand boy. He came in with Ruff, I'm sure it was Ruff who handpicked him. Usually this type of assistant goes out the door along with the head coach, but we likely didn't wanna have to pluck a new assistant from somewhere else to replace that vacant slot. All we could have done was call up someone from Utica to fill that role or bring Peter Horachek back for the rest of the year or one of the scouts that work for us and have coaching experience. Like when they brought him on to the staff after Hynes got fired. I'm not sure if he even works for us anymore. Claude Noel is a former head coach and was on our scouting staff at one point. Not sure that's the case anymore.

And Travis Green is going because he's Travis Green.

I'm actually not sure if Rogalski even goes at this point. The new goalies may have given him a stay of execution.

I never would have thought Rogalski would potentially be safer than most of the remaining staff about a month or two ago, but he just may be at this point.

Reactions: Louskoolaid89

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
Fitz shouldn't get fired now, but the off-season is a HUGE for him. I don't necessarily agree because I like him as GM, but his job will be on the line if the team underperforms next season.
I was very pro Fitz for a very long time. 2022 offseason was a peak.
Now I have my own list of questions. Still not ready to fire him at all, but this offseason is huge.
And I believe there will be no consensus about his next moves. Someone hardly against trading pick, someone were hardly pro trade even when we had 2OA. There will be no consensus with coaching decision if we will not hire Sullivan(and even Sullivan as candidate isnt consensus person). There are a lot of disputs about goalie candidates.
So overall it is more important how team will play next season. But if he will not sign\trade any goalie and will join next season with Allen and Daws, I will be the first who will chant for his firing. But I dont think he will step into next season with Allen and Daws.

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Officially eliminated.

The pain is gone, new avatar, new vibes. Off-season time. That's really how I'm treating it.

Nico is my MVP for this season.

Bratt is a very close second and is a great player. Nico just really took it to the next level in the second half of the season.

Nico's Stadium Series game is probably my favorite moment of the season.

Last edited:

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
Fitz isn’t getting fired….unless in the coaching search it becomes evident that top candidates are reluctant to take the job because they feel like the GM that hires them is on a short leash. That may force hands.

Poppy Whoa Sonnet

J'Accuse!
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2007
Fitz isn’t getting fired….unless in the coaching search it becomes evident that top candidates are reluctant to take the job because they feel like the GM that hires them is on a short leash. That may force hands.
We have no idea what ownership is thinking. Fitz wasn’t their first choice. I wouldn’t be shocked. It’s a results oriented business.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
We have no idea what ownership is thinking. Fitz wasn’t their first choice. I wouldn’t be shocked. It’s a results oriented business.
They just extended him though, and they've kind of shown with all their teams they aren't exactly sweating results season to season.

Reactions: MasterofGrond

Based Anime Fan

Himedanshi Bandit
Mar 11, 2012
Tokai
Keep us updated.
The rumbles have started. The gas X has been taken.

He's still fairly new on the staff, but so is Ryan McGill. I don't know enough about what Sarge does. They could pull the plug on him though.

I know McGill coaches the PK and defense, which struggled earlier in the year, but has been pretty decent overall.

Chris Taylor is going because he was Ruff's errand boy. He came in with Ruff, I'm sure it was Ruff who handpicked him. Usually this type of assistant goes out the door along with the head coach, but we likely didn't wanna have to pluck a new assistant from somewhere else to replace that vacant slot. All we could have done was call up someone from Utica to fill that role or bring Peter Horachek back for the rest of the year or one of the scouts that work for us and have coaching experience. Like when they brought him on to the staff after Hynes got fired. I'm not sure if he even works for us anymore. Claude Noel is a former head coach and was on our scouting staff at one point. Not sure that's the case anymore.

And Travis Green is going because he's Travis Green.

I'm actually not sure if Rogalski even goes at this point. The new goalies may have given him a stay of execution.

I never would have thought Rogalski would potentially be safer than most of the remaining staff about a month or two ago, but he just may be at this point.
So what are we looking at, then?

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
I think the extension probably gives him a little bit of cover. Now granted they fired Shero less than a year after giving him an extension, but 1) I think Fitz has done a better job than him. 2.) Shero had an offseason between the two 3.) Shero’s long term plans blew up with Hall trade, the core now is locked up.

But as I said if the coaching search starts to go of the rails it could trigger a move. I don’t think Fitz survives next year going wrong.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
I hate, hate, hate this. But it's like the only way they look to play is on the rush so they play risky individual hockey leaving the zone.

I miss the old Devils teams that could beat you in a variety of ways. We are a one trick pony right now and it's not even a great trick.

Really? I thought they had more variety today.

In the Nashville game it was all ridiculous passes to teammates halfway to the moon, but today they mixed those with several direct tape to tape passes to opposing players.

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
This was the saddest loss for me.

By the end I was just rooting to see how many Matthews could score.

We looked like a peewee team. Knies, who is like their tenth best player, was better than any of our forwards tonight except maybe Nico.

Allen should have won ten games for us already. If anyone thinks Saros or Markstrom would change anything next year....

Fix the defense and forward core. Our guys don't even look like they are conditioned and it's game 78.

I'm sorry but this was just heartbreaking to me.

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018

We looked like a peewee team. Knies, who is like their tenth best player, was better than any of our forwards tonight except maybe Nico.

Allen should have won ten games for us already. If anyone thinks Saros or Markstrom would change anything next year....

Fix the defense and forward core. Our guys don't even look like they are conditioned and it's game 78.

It was just an overall shit game after the Devils went up 2 to 1. We did beat the Leafs last time we played them I believe in that wild high scoring game. The Devils are also missing Jack , Dougie , Bastian etc...the team has blown leads and lost like 4 times out of the last 5 games. They know the season is over with. There were other games this year where I was alot more disappointed. I'd say the gutless game against the Rags when Siegenthaler got hurt or them blowing the game against the Penguins was more harder to watch. Than again we did lose Anaheim twice , San Jose at home , Columbus etc...Just a really bad season. Thankfully its almost done.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018

I’m impressed that you can care about this game.

Garbage time loss.

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
My favorite part was the one lone Leaf bullying our defense in the corner, taking his lunch money and then taking on the rest of our team 1 on 4 in front of our net getting multiple chances while everyone stands around with their thumbs up their asses. Truly inspiring hockey.

Camille the Eel

It was just an overall shit game after the Devils went up 2 to 1. We did beat the Leafs last time we played them I believe in that wild high scoring game. The Devils are also missing Jack , Dougie , Bastian etc...the team has blown leads and lost like 4 times out of the last 5 games. They know the season is over with. There were other games this year where I was alot more disappointed. I'd say the gutless game against the Rags when Siegenthaler got hurt or them blowing the game against the Penguins was more harder to watch. Than again we did lose Anaheim twice , San Jose at home , Columbus etc...Just a really bad season. Thankfully its almost done.
To be sure, we got totally dominated for the entire second period before those 2 goals were scored. It was only Allen making impossible save after difficult save - all on grade A chances - that kept us ahead. And we got ahead on a power play goal bounce in the first place. So it wasn’t like we collapsed into the 2 goal swing. We were getting killed and they finally put a couple in by sheer volume of chances.

Reactions: Mgd31

Mgd31

Aug 7, 2007
Levittown, NY
To be sure, we got totally dominated for the entire second period before those 2 goals were scored. It was only Allen making impossible save after difficult save - all on grade A chances - that kept us ahead. And we got ahead on a power play goal bounce in the first place. So it wasn’t like we collapsed into the 2 goal swing. We were getting killed and they finally put a couple in by sheer volume of chances.

It was honestly one of the worst games of the season. We were lucky we didn't get more goals scored on us. We were dominated from puck drop. We had a 23.4% xGF 5on5 and they eye test matched perfectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $865.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Norway vs Denmark
    Norway vs Denmark