G Adam Gajan - Green Bay Gamblers, USHL (2023, 35th, CHI)

BlueBull

Habby Man
Oct 11, 2017
Vancouver Island
Assuming he doesn't have a page. Assuming he will be a big name prospect after the Quarterfinal game.

53 SAVES ON 57 SHOTS AGAINST TEAM CANADA!!!!!
BRO IS AN NAHL GOALIE!!!!

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Reminds me of Kochetkov in terms of going from the guy that nobody knows, to being WJC sensation, to being the highest ranked goalie prospect for the overage draft.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Got an NAHL opportunity off of a GoPro video. Green Bay must be over the moon that they were able to add him from the NAHL, even if only for 10 games (he's already played and won 2 games).

There are a ton of examples of folks getting too excited about players based on the WJC, goalies included, but it'll be interesting to see how high he can go in the draft if he can replicate a similar performance in the USHL after being very good in the NAHL. He certainly has the size that's going to be a huge draw for NHL scouts.

Last edited:

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Beat the US, shut out the Latvians and willed a rather overmatched Slovakian squad into the OT against both Switzerland and Canada. Very impressive. Big guy and always calm and collected. I heard he had a reputation of having a poor rebound control but I've yet to see it. Not giving up too many rebounds at all. Great goalie prospect.

Reactions: kinghock

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
You don't wanna get too hyped off the WJC because we've seen this story before.

But I definitely will watch his USHL season with curiosity.. he just did so many things like stare down Bedard.

Reactions: GermanSpitfire

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Remember Kristers Gudļevskis?
Yes, Kristers had .865 Sv% in the WJC he played in. Gajan wasn't just good in one game (to what you are referring to with Gudlevskis example, I assume), he was good for an entire tournament and, judging from his stats, quite some time before that.

No love for Milic?
Not saying that's what definitely is going to happen, just that if he was to be an actual A-grade goalie prospect he isn't the only one that flew completely under the radar until the WJC. I think at this point of Kochetkov's NHL career it's pretty safe to say that.

Or Denis Godla – if we want to have a typical Slovak example. Eliteprospects says he´s 1,93 m, however, I heard in the studio that he might be as tall as 1,97m
I really don't get these speculations, they are being measured before the tournament and doing it really isn't that hard, how do you miss by 4 cm for no reason? :laugh:

But what I actually wanted to say, Conz or Godla made the performances they are remembered for at 19, Gajan is 18 which also gives him quite a bit of an edge.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
I know it sounds dumb, but I don´t know how updated are the data from eliteprospects🤷‍♂️
I'd assume the WJC profiles feature the data that was either measured or sent in by the federation right before the tournament. Since there is 0 reason to lie about being shorter than you actually are, I have hard time coming up with the scenario where this isn't accurate and it says 190.

Maybe eliteprospects just picked in the middle, can't go too wrong then :sarcasm:

Last edited:

stastny12

Dec 26, 2018
Trencin, Slovakia
I'd assume the WJC profiles feature the data that was either measured or sent in by the federation right before the tournament. Since there is 0 reason to lie about being shorter than you actually are, I have hard time coming up with the scenario where this isn't accurate and it says 190.

I didn´t know about the source. Thanks

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
The difference from him and say Benjamin Conz - is the size. He has an NHL frame, it makes him a really intriguing prospect.

He's intriguing but I also fell in love with Hlavaj, Janus (who did get drafted), as two other Slovakian goalies who put their name on the map.. one getting drafted, the other didn't.

I didn't believe any in Conz, he was definitely too small.

But I'll be intrigued to see how he competes in the USHL. He was really strong laterally, had the size, and man he was reading Bedard's shots like a book.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
He's intriguing but I also fell in love with Hlavaj, Janus (who did get drafted), as two other Slovakian goalies who put their name on the map..
Hlavaj and Janus didn't have a single WJC with .900+ Sv%, combined. There is a tangible difference between "putting the name on the map" because they made a couple of nice saves between all those allowed goals and truly dominating the competition as is the case with Gajan.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Hlavaj and Janus didn't have a single WJC with .900+ Sv%, combined. There is a tangible difference between "putting the name on the map" because they made a couple of nice saves between all those allowed goals and truly dominating the competition as is the case with Gajan.
Hlavaj for some reason has been hyped a lot but from what I saw he always played poorly at those WJC20 tournaments. Even in his last WJC20 he got clearly outplayed by the much smaller underager Simon Latkoczy. So if Hlavaj was hyped it couldn't have been because of his international play.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Hlavaj for some reason has been hyped a lot but from what I saw he always played poorly at those WJC20 tournaments. Even in his last WJC20 he got clearly outplayed by the much smaller underager Simon Latkoczy. So if Hlavaj was hyped it couldn't have been because of his international play.
He was pretty impressive prospect at 17: had size and great athleticism, became the starter of the Slovak NT and played in the USHL, seemed like a solid resume for a kid. His poor performances/stats were blamed on the team and the hype just never died down completely even though obviously actual scouts saw right through it hence he was never drafted despite having all the exposure in the world.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad