Speculation: Perfetti out a minimum of 8 weeks - Jets to add top 6 winger?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grinner

May 31, 2022
Similar to Winnipeg, but Cali has some huge advantages to keeping FA over Winnipeg.......Weather, bigger market/city and taxes. Chevy MO is very conservative GM, likely the most conservative in the NHL, he covets futures massively, for good reason the Jets are highly dependant on D&D to win and have done a pretty good considering all the negatives they have to deal with (hardest GM job in the NHL perhaps is Winnipeg). But he won't throw some massive offer at the Sharks without a contract agreed to beforehand with Timo, just no chance of that happening.
I agree with a lot of which you speak
And It's why i put a sentence in naming the Jets and Sabres
I would think any deal would have the buyer either needing certain guarantees/understandings or that the buyer is willing to move forward without them

Gilmour1996

Oct 16, 2022
One more year at 3.2 million cap hit, might be worth a swing. He's fast even if he has low hockey IQ, he can PK and chip in a few points but he's no top 6 player, he isn't replacing Cole P
Providing Jets can handle Kapanen's antics. Actually he might fit in the wild, wild west.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
I agree with a lot of which you speak
And It's why i put a sentence in naming the Jets and Sabres
I would think any deal would have the buyer either needing certain guarantees/understandings or that the buyer is willing to move forward without them

Yes if there was some kind of assurance he would sign in Winnipeg at a competitive rate then no doubt Jets would be interested in Timo and have been linked to him a lot in the news

Reactions: Grinner

Tasteless Beaver

Here for the hot takes
Jul 8, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
Kappy and Meier would hopefully kick-start some scoring, we already needed a top-6 forward before Cole went down. We really need RW more than anything, that's our biggest flaw. Wheeler isn't a top line winger anymore, and our stats show that the gap is killing us.

Reactions: hn777

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
Jets have nearly 10 million in unspent cap space, so they really need/should add 1-2 top 6 forwards and 1-2 bottom six forwards, maybe a bottom pairing D for depth.

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
I'd assume they get middle six depth rental? Perfetti will be back by playoffs. So casual 2-5th round pick type rental

Likely yes, albeit they won't get someone who can't play in a role/lineup once team is healthy so that eliminates some players.

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
Likely yes, albeit they won't get someone who can't play in a role/lineup once team is healthy so that eliminates some players.

I'm assuming a genuinely good 3rd liner who can be stashed on the 4th line or a middle sixer to push down someone on the 3rd to the 4th to create lineup mismatches.

Barbashev could be interesting but rumor is they want a 1st which seems really high.

Reactions: Hunter368
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad