Speculation: Perfetti out a minimum of 8 weeks - Jets to add top 6 winger?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Lots of 3rd line guys offered here for a thread that's titled Top 6 Winger.

The Jets already needed a forward who could contribute on the scoresheet before Perfetti went out, now they need a couple, in my view. That said, I wouldn't break the bank on a 2nd forward given Perfetti should be back around playoff time.

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
At 50% on an expiring deal don't see why Habs would need to add. I'd take a 4th or a 5th for him tho
I don’t see why the Jets would take on a guy with zero goals this season when we’re in the market for a top 6 player.

Not worth the roster spot or the cap allocation even if he was offered for free.

Reactions: hn777 and Snowman

Tasteless Beaver

Here for the hot takes
Jul 8, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
With the way Kane and Domi have been playing lately, that's the pair I would love to have most, but I strongly doubt that Kane will waive to Winnipeg (even with the Chevy connection). Meier will be very expensive, and I don't think his future long-term contract would really be beneficial to us. Schmaltz would fit, I think. Barbashev is probably one of the better choices for pure rental wingers, too. We have so much cap space and so many options, the question is what Chevy is willing to give up to get there.

Reactions: hn777

Bobby9

Feb 10, 2019
Jets GM Conservative Kev gonna blow another opportunity for a successful post season.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Would love if Chevy could pry Konecny out of PHI.

You have a better chance of a summer's day in Winnipeg January than that.

Do you think JVR would enjoy Winnipeg?

No. I'm sure his pal Kevin Hayes, who also clearly did not enjoy his brief stint in Winnipeg from the interviews he's given, has told him all about it. JVR doesn't have a choice in the matter though.

Tasteless Beaver

Here for the hot takes
Jul 8, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
Who cares? Why is that relevant? Not like he has an NTC.
After the Hayes debacle, I don't think Chevy is willing to take on anyone who doesn't absolutely want to be here (or at the very least - players who don't mind it). Other than waiver wire players, Chevy chases proper fits, not big names. The JVR pool is likely tainted already thanks to Hayes, I don't see it happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad