Speculation: Perfetti out a minimum of 8 weeks - Jets to add top 6 winger?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
Pick up Kasperi Kapanen.

Solveddddd

I dunno about Winnipeg but one of the on the cusp teams may actually claim him and hope for the best. He’s a low level project who does have some desirable attributes and honestly there isn’t much commitment and no assets wasted. If he doesn’t work out and you’re not cap strapped just waive him. I’m kinda looking at Detroit here tbh and possibly NYI with Barzal out and them already having forked out assets.

In essence he’s not completely useless, and for free may just be worth the claim.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Jets GM Conservative Kev gonna blow another opportunity for a successful post season.
Have to be conservative in a market like Winnipeg. Free agency is a dead end. A lot of players try to get out before their 7 year sentence expires.

He already traded draft picks to improve the defense. A draft and develop team without draft picks is in a lot of trouble. And the Jets have no 2nd ,4th and 6th already in the upcoming draft. Had the Jets been even remotely good enough for the playoffs last year, they would have kept Copp to the end, and they wouldn't have two of their best prospects in the system right now, and fans would be even more miserable.

Term players are investments Chevy can afford to make trades on.

Rentals for a team that has been in neutral since December is extremely high risk. All it takes is for another star player (Dubois) to shit the bed in 1st round like Trouba did for us in 2019, and there goes the team, and the assets...

Reactions: hn777

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Want Drouin at 50% for a mid pick?
At this point I'd consider it. 5th round pick...

See if he can rekindle any chemistry with Ehlers from the Moosehead days, where he was 2ppg/2.5ppg in the playoffs, and maybe another Frenchy helps Dubois out, because he's been cold for awhile.

Reactions: MasterMatt25

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
After the Hayes debacle, I don't think Chevy is willing to take on anyone who doesn't absolutely want to be here (or at the very least - players who don't mind it). Other than waiver wire players, Chevy chases proper fits, not big names. The JVR pool is likely tainted already thanks to Hayes, I don't see it happening.
Why do you call it the Hayes debacle? He actually played well for the Jets. His usage against the Blues in the playoffs was odd but he was productive.

Reactions: TS Quint

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Why do you call it the Hayes debacle? He actually played well for the Jets. His usage against the Blues in the playoffs was odd but he was productive.

He didn't play that well and clearly didn't want to be here.

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
Jets should just ride out what they have and make the changes in this offseason that should have been done last offseason…
-fire Chevy
-dump Wheeler
-address the obvious issues Chevy ignored…ie; RHW and RHD

Reactions: hn777

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Your 5th will do TY. ,,,,,,,NO RETENTION.:popcorn:

If I'm trading a 5th I'd like the forward coming back to have at least 1 goal.

Jets should just ride out what they have and make the changes in this offseason that should have been done last offseason…
-fire Chevy
-dump Wheeler
-address the obvious issues Chevy ignored…ie; RHW and RHD

I think this summer will have a lot more changes than that.

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
He didn't play that well and clearly didn't want to be here.

Good thing Guffman made timely posts about it a few years ago that I quote below.

Sportsnet posted the following about Hayes:

No Jet had more primary assists from the trade deadline until the end of the regular season than Hayes, and only Kyle Connor had more points at 5-on-5.

And by most measures Hayes was just as good, if not better, in Winnipeg’s first round series loss. At 5-on-5, Winnipeg controlled 56.45 per cent of the scoring chances, 52.38 per cent of the high danger chances and 54.1 per cent of all shots when he was on the ice.

The curious thing is that his ice time was cut in the post-season and he became the team’s third-line centre. Hayes played less than 12 minutes in four of the six games and less than 10 minutes in two of them — and his average ice time on the penalty kill dropped by nearly half a minute in the playoffs.

In hindsight a first round loss isn’t worth giving up a first-round pick for. But although the Jets didn’t go as far as they’d hoped Hayes provided Winnipeg with just about everything they could have hoped for when they acquired him.

He is scheduled to be a UFA on July 1.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Good thing Guffman made timely posts about it a few years ago that I quote below.

No Jet had more primary assists from the trade deadline until the end of the regular season than Hayes, and only Kyle Connor had more points at 5-on-5.

And by most measures Hayes was just as good, if not better, in Winnipeg’s first round series loss. At 5-on-5, Winnipeg controlled 56.45 per cent of the scoring chances, 52.38 per cent of the high danger chances and 54.1 per cent of all shots when he was on the ice.

The curious thing is that his ice time was cut in the post-season and he became the team’s third-line centre. Hayes played less than 12 minutes in four of the six games and less than 10 minutes in two of them — and his average ice time on the penalty kill dropped by nearly half a minute in the playoffs.

In hindsight a first round loss isn’t worth giving up a first-round pick for. But although the Jets didn’t go as far as they’d hoped Hayes provided Winnipeg with just about everything they could have hoped for when they acquired him.

Maybe his poor attitude kept him down the lineup. He didn't seem too interested in integrating himself and clearly didn't want to be here.

I won't try to explain Maurice’s decisions beyond that though.

Tasteless Beaver

Here for the hot takes
Jul 8, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario

Maurice had him on the 4th line when his production started to dry up, and he publicly trashed the way the team was operating afterwards. He wasn't happy and he wasn't a good fit at all.

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
They can rent Hoffman or Drouin for free, then the 2nd leg of the PLD trade will be completed at draft

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Canucks still have some options available. Would like a Boeser or a Garland? Could probably even go big and get yourself a JT Miller if you're feeling really adventurous.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Hard to judge the Jets now if they go all in or not, they are a 50/50 club for the last while, needs now 2 top 6 forwards and ideally one upgrade on D.......thats very expensive. Might be time to fold the cards and let the dice roll as they may and do nothing this team is struggling. Might benefit from a small rebuild/restructure this summer. Some players out and some new players/picks/prospects in. Not saying scorched earth rebuild.

Reactions: voyageur

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
Hard to judge the Jets now if they go all in or not, they are a 50/50 club for the last while, needs now 2 top 6 forwards and ideally one upgrade on D.......thats very expensive. Might be time to fold the cards and let the dice roll as they may and do nothing this team is struggling. Might benefit from a small rebuild/restructure this summer. Some players out and some new players/picks/prospects in. Not saying scorched earth rebuild.

If you fold now, it will be a long time before we sniff an opportunity like this.

And why 2 top 6 players? Who are you demoting? Wheeler? I thought 1 top 6, and 1 or 2 upgrades on the third line (And 1 D upgrade)

Reactions: TS Quint
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad